Author MCCruise addition to CT DCT  (Read 517 times)

• Online lloydyboy   gb

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    21
    • Topic Author

Online lloydyboy

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: VFR1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Leeds
    MCCruise addition to CT DCT
    on: Feb 10, 2024, 07.36 pm
    Feb 10, 2024, 07.36 pm
    Something missing from this bike to take it to the next is addition of cruise control (IMO). I went for what seems to be the best solution, if not the most expensive!!

I wrote about my intention to do this and there was interest from other forum members how difficult the install was.

Now it’s complete I like to share the experience. It was pretty straightforward, the instructions are great they are available online and also printed (B&W) with the kit. I would definitely recommend buying the pin extractor tool for this job, I bought it with the kit. When it got to the point of breaking into the harness I’d recommend either having a colour version or a laptop handy, it will save some time 2nd guessing if its correct. The supplied harness easily routes around the bike and is pretty much a perfect length. The post install diagnostic gives you confidence that the install is correct. You can basically check each part on the system.

If you are still unsure anyone can see the instructions online via mccruise website. Oh and yeah I read the instructions about five times before I did the work, they are not perfect so read ahead a little before acting. So if you can service a bike I reckon you already have the skills to install mccruise.

This is how it looks under the seat.

Last Edit: Feb 10, 2024, 07.37 pm by lloydyboy

• Online BeToney   us

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    155

Online BeToney

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: 2017 VFR1200XDCT
    • City / Town: Olympia, Wa
    Re: MCCruise addition to CT DCT
    Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2024, 04.23 pm
    Feb 11, 2024, 04.23 pm
    I installed it on my CT and agree with your assessment on installation, not 'simple' but certainly not difficult.  Anyone that can read and follow directions can install this.
    A nice feature with the DCT is it operates completely independently of the transmission, you can shift gears manually or automatically and keep the cruise engaged, like riding into a speed zone change.  On my Tracer the clutch switch acts as an interrupt like the brake switch and cancels the cruise if you have to shift.
    I have had the cruise on my Tracer for 7 years and 2 years on the CT without a single issue, it has been completely fault-free.

• Offline fa57pjc   england

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    134

Offline fa57pjc

• Crosstourer Pro
    • It's better to burn out than fade away
    • City / Town: Crawley Down
    Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2024, 02.26 pm
    Feb 12, 2024, 02.26 pm
    Looks like a neat job and nice fit for the control unit.  :028:

• Online lloydyboy   gb

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    21
    • Topic Author

Online lloydyboy

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • City / Town: Leeds
    Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2024, 10.37 am
    Feb 13, 2024, 10.37 am
    *Originally Posted by fa57pjc [+]
    Looks like a neat job and nice fit for the control unit.  :028:

Thanks fa57pjc!

I did forget to mention that I had to make a minor modification to accommodate the switch between the oem heated grips and mirror mount. You cannot create a 10mm space without doing two things; firstly I filed one side on the curved mirror bracket so the cruise switch sat flush against it, secondly I had to move the handbrake inboard this required the hole in the handlebar to be slotted a little. The hole is needed to resist spinning when you apply the brake. I touched the paint up with an acrylic pen.