IMG 1188

Views: 171
Posted by: Farway
in: Farway
PR4 Trail front

Views: 251
Posted by: dentonlad
in: dentonlad

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bikes in UK/NI dealers?  (Read 5794 times)

Offline Scannan

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Dublin
Bikes in UK/NI dealers?
« on: April 17, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »
Last weekend was advertised as launch weekend in the UK....did bikes appear in dealerships as expected? I am pessimistic about my delivery being on schedule and tempted to get a €1 Ryanair ticket to the UK to just sit on one!! Better still would be a quick dash up to NI...any sightings people?? :148:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:50:50 PM by Scannan »

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: Bikes in UK/NI dealers?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »
HI Scannan,
My bike was due at the end of May, and arrived on the 6th April - so delivery dates here are very unreliable. All the Crosstourers that my dealer in Germany has received, were sold within days. He is now waiting for more deliveries - in June!

New customers are waiting for the Crosstourer rather than buy the Tiger Explorer - which he has in stock - because, although the Explorer is good, most want the Honda with DCT.

He has two demo bikes which Honda won't let him sell for 3 months, one DCT and one manual - so you could always come over here for a ride - Ryanair land at Weeze (Niederrhein) airport - just 5 km from my dealer!  :305:

Doc.

Offline chelsea chas

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: Sarf London
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
Well in London at  the weekend just past  they had the demo manual CT which I rode, but none in stock to sell to anyone :110: hope they start coming thru soon  :157:
But he was too old,old,old, to rock n roll ol ol but he was too young to die

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:08:53 PM »
Hi Scannan .   Yes they bwere in the English dealers  on Saturday for test rides and general ogling,there was some interest  in the Chester area but he has only taken on Honda inthe last month.. Mine is expected 1st week in May having put a deposit on it at end of March.. To date no firm delivery note has been seen......... :232:

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »
Thunderroad in Bridgend, south wales have just the one crosstourer, non-dct. They have ordered 6 for the showroom but are still waiting for them, there is about 6-8 week wait for anybody who wishes to purchase one.
Not just yet for me but I was the first person to take the bike out in Bridgend, :062: only could take it out for 30 mins! but what a ride the bike is, bloody amazing. I shall be taking it out for a few hours soon.

Offline Ralentino Vossi

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 10:34:35 PM »
Bikes are here ok Scannon ,I have rode both DCT and manual bikes BUT, I have been trying to complete a deal for a DCT SE model for this last 3 weeks with my local dealer and they cant even get a rough estimate of a delivery date from Honda !
I was told last week that there was only going to be 10 DCT models per month for the next 5 months released for all of the uk and that there would be 100 manual bikes per month for next 5 months.
So it will not be easy to get your hands on a DCT model that's for sure
I had a call yesterday from Honda Customer Relations which basically was a waste of time answering the call as no one seems to know anything about delivery dates.
Its typical of Honda attitude though all you had to do was see the difference at the NEC bike show of how the CrossTourer was displayed compared to how Triumph had the Explorer on display
You could not get near the Honda yet Triumph had 3 bikes all set up with different options
I think they really have slept in a bit with the handling of the CrossTourer launch
but hopefully I will have some news soon :006:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 11:41:48 AM »
I wonder if the late deliveries are due to a high demand - they registered 282 new bikes in Germany alone in 4 weeks!  :062:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:49:11 PM by Doc »

Offline chelsea chas

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: Sarf London
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »

Checked again with my dealer in London, told first standard gearbox model coming in tomorrow, and DCT still scheduled for beginning of May  :002:
But he was too old,old,old, to rock n roll ol ol but he was too young to die

arab-exile