Author New Member here from USA  (Read 900 times)

• Offline Blue Baron   us

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    4
    • Topic Author

Offline Blue Baron

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    New Member here from USA
    on: Nov 27, 2023, 11.52 pm
    Nov 27, 2023, 11.52 pm
    Hello fellow Honda V4 Fans  here, & thanks for the acceptance into this forum. I sold my dearly loved CTX 1300 (the even more rare Honda V4 here in the USA) in Spring of this year to take a break from riding due to increasing health/comfort issues. Only than I learned about the VFR1200X , and i knew than that this would be THE BIKE for me. Lighter, more power, and taller to suit better my aging legs.Recently i found a pristine , low mileage 2016 CT with just 2800 miles on the odometer , in absolute show room condition. I couldn't be happier as i know i did found what was looking for. Long live the Honda V4 !!!   

• Online BeToney   us

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    156

Online BeToney

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: 2017 VFR1200XDCT
    • City / Town: Olympia, Wa
    Re: New Member here from USA
    Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2023, 01.00 am
    Nov 28, 2023, 01.00 am
    Congratulations on the newly acquired bike. 
    If you don't have the service history, check the tires and fluids especially the brake fluid.  There have been issues with old fluid causing the brakes to lock up.  After buying my bike 2 seasons ago, the front brake lever was rock hard and would not move, I completely flushed the fluid and never had the issue repeat, I now flush it annually.
    Its a great bike that just needs a little attention to make it perfect for YOU.  I added a MCCruise cruise control, a better rear shock and had the seat customized and now long road trips are very comfortable.
    Is yours a DCT or manual transmission?   

• Offline DaveinNC   us

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    314

Offline DaveinNC

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Riding since 1968
    • Bike: 2017 VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Matthews NC
    Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2023, 12.57 pm
    Nov 28, 2023, 12.57 pm
    Welcome, you picked an awesome bike. I have had mine for over five and a half years, and for me, that's a lifetime as far as bikes are concerned. You will love this machine and it will be problem-free for years. I'm in the Carolinas, what part of the country are you in? Ride safe and enjoy the X.

• Topic Author

Offline Blue Baron

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2023, 02.37 pm
    Nov 28, 2023, 02.37 pm
    *Originally Posted by BeToney [+]
    Congratulations on the newly acquired bike. 
    If you don't have the service history, check the tires and fluids especially the brake fluid.  There have been issues with old fluid causing the brakes to lock up.  After buying my bike 2 seasons ago, the front brake lever was rock hard and would not move, I completely flushed the fluid and never had the issue repeat, I now flush it annually.
    Its a great bike that just needs a little attention to make it perfect for YOU.  I added a MCCruise cruise control, a better rear shock and had the seat customized and now long road trips are very comfortable.
    Is yours a DCT or manual transmission?

mine has a manual transmission and i had ALL the fluids exchanged , right away. the bike also has a 1 year old battery, so the only maintenance left ,for now , is to get new tires . I'm still on the oem Pirelli Scorpions,but at a little over 5000 miles now the rear is about done. and yes, I'm in the market for a better seat.as well.

• Topic Author

Offline Blue Baron

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2023, 02.49 pm
    Nov 28, 2023, 02.49 pm
    *Originally Posted by DaveinNC [+]
    Welcome, you picked an awesome bike. I have had mine for over five and a half years, and for me, that's a lifetime as far as bikes are concerned. You will love this machine and it will be problem-free for years. I'm in the Carolinas, what part of the country are you in? Ride safe and enjoy the X.

thank you, Sir. to me , nothing beats the Honda reliability, when it comes to motorcycles. looks like we share the same "playground" as i live also in the upstate Carolinas, near Spartanburg SC. this here is motorcycle heaven & i consider the Blue Ridge Parkway my "Livingroom". as you are in NC ( where exactly?) there may be a chance to meet up sometimes next year. let me know, greetings George.

• Offline fa57pjc   england

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    134

Offline fa57pjc

• Crosstourer Pro
    • It's better to burn out than fade away
    • Bike: VFR1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Crawley Down
    Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2023, 10.16 am
    Nov 29, 2023, 10.16 am
    Welcome from the cold and wet UK! :190:

• Offline DaveinNC   us

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    314

Offline DaveinNC

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Riding since 1968
    • Bike: 2017 VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Matthews NC
    Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2023, 01.06 pm
    Nov 29, 2023, 01.06 pm
    *Originally Posted by Blue Baron [+]
    thank you, Sir. to me , nothing beats the Honda reliability, when it comes to motorcycles. looks like we share the same "playground" as i live also in the upstate Carolinas, near Spartanburg SC. this here is motorcycle heaven & i consider the Blue Ridge Parkway my "Livingroom". as you are in NC ( where exactly?) there may be a chance to meet up sometimes next year. let me know, greetings George.

I'm in Charlotte, I ride the BRP often and I am partial to the Cherokee area. I have ridden the BRP end to end many times over the years. A ride or a few sounds good. I'm the admin over on the FB VFR group so let's stay in touch.

arab-exile