Random Gallery Image

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: LED back light  (Read 3296 times)

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
LED back light
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
A friend of mine who drove behind me the other day just mentioned the really strong LED tail light Crosstourer has. Now, sure a good thing Honda did security wise. I like the LED indicaters very much too, they just look cool  :062:

I everyday find a good thing more on my BEAST  :028: .. it's the small things that makes life enjoyable  :305:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: LED back light
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by ojo [+]
A friend of mine who drove behind me the other day just mentioned the really strong LED tail light Crosstourer has. Now, sure a good thing Honda did security wise. I like the LED indicaters very much too, they just look cool  :062:

I everyday find a good thing more on my BEAST  :028: .. it's the small things that makes life enjoyable  :305:

I agree, the indicators are cool - although mine work intermittently... :084:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 08:26:16 PM »
Has anyone found an alternative to the Honda auxillary lights for the front of the bike  :261:  I think the Honda ones are too expensive.

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 08:24:14 PM »
SW motech have some,but thewre are lots out there. I think the issue is that they must be wired correctly int the lighting loom to pass all the European regulations.. The  UKGSER forums have had many pages on this ,it appears that Germany ,in particular, are strongly policing this so to be sure the only option appears to fit OEM stuff.... Over here to date no one appears to bother and all sorts of stuff is fitted to GSs  ....HID lights ,LED lights etc.. Over here some insurance companies are  only allowing add ons if they are fitted by a dealer,some are restricting the number of add ons to 4 items ,,,and are counting stick on graphics/badges in this number...... :157: :157: :157:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »
I've seen the ones on the SW-Motech site, but they are not for use on the road, which they point out in their brochure - and because they have no approval, you will get stopped and fined, and also not get through the MOT (TÜV). Somehow the rozzers always know when you're illegal!

The German police have several plain bikes now (all BMW's) with cameras, and they are out all week on all the best biking roads. Just look at this:

Caught by German undercover police in the Eifel

Finding some LED lights with approval for the road is proving difficult.  :003:

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 08:19:44 AM »
 This is what I have heard about .. The German  police (and no doubt French ,Swiss  etc) will have a field day with the Brits as so few of them know of or appreciate the impact of the new European regulations as they get away with so much over here,even thro the MOT...Touratech may have something but are likely to be more expensive than Honda!!! and I think I have seen the words...not for use on thre road ...in small print on their site.  Looks like there may be a choice of one  for you..Is it fogs/spots you want or driving /running lights you want?

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 08:29:18 AM »
Doc ..I love the Avatar.......was seriously frightened/ excited by one of these doing high speed ,low levals along the shore of Loch Ness  and up a small adjoining valley many years ago..could not have been more than 50foot above the ground judging by the colour of the navigators eyes...... :062:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mister B [+]
This is what I have heard about .. The German  police (and no doubt French ,Swiss  etc) will have a field day with the Brits as so few of them know of or appreciate the impact of the new European regulations as they get away with so much over here,even thro the MOT...Touratech may have something but are likely to be more expensive than Honda!!! and I think I have seen the words...not for use on thre road ...in small print on their site.  Looks like there may be a choice of one  for you..Is it fogs/spots you want or driving /running lights you want?

I would like them for two reason. Firstly, to make me more visible during the day, and secondly to give me a wider beam at night - not distance, just low width.
I hope I can find something, but it is not a high priority job.