IMG 1053 1 EICMA2011

Views: 386
Posted by: Giovannino
in: Giovannino
CT2

Views: 570
Posted by: Vrom
in: Vrom

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Comparisons  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Comparisons
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:13:24 PM »
It would be interesting to hear what you all think about the comparisons between the latest crop of 'heavyweight' adventure bikes - the all-rounder?

I just read the word Peerless in a posting - is anything peerless? I would say that this is a word that can't be used in the bike world - especially in this segment. But that's just my opinion.

Quality problems affect not just the Crosstourer, but all other makes of bikes as well (as we all know) - like the Explorer owner who's fuel tank split (weld) on day one; we all just hope that our bike is one of the good ones. Statistics will show which 'makes' are better than others, but even statistics can be 'modelled' to give a biased view.

It is also true to say that if you don't want to like something, it's quite easy not to like it - whether it's good or bad.

Component failures and human error will never be 100% eliminated; we try our best to prevent problems occuring, but they always will. Components fail, we make mistakes.

It's good to discuss the merits of different products, but, as I have said several times, in the end we'll all decide for ourselves what we want, and nothing anyone else say's will change our minds.

After trying several bikes, I liked the CT best. After you have tried several bikes, take the one you like best. Then we'll all be happy.

I for one have had my fill of comparisons, and would just like to get on and ride my bike. Have a nice day. :002:

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
Re: Comparisons
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 03:35:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
It would be interesting to hear what you all think about the comparisons between the latest crop of 'heavyweight' adventure bikes - the all-rounder?

I just read the word Peerless in a posting - is anything peerless? I would say that this is a word that can't be used in the bike world - especially in this segment. But that's just my opinion.

Quality problems affect not just the Crosstourer, but all other makes of bikes as well (as we all know) - like the Explorer owner who's fuel tank split (weld) on day one; we all just hope that our bike is one of the good ones. Statistics will show which 'makes' are better than others, but even statistics can be 'modelled' to give a biased view.

It is also true to say that if you don't want to like something, it's quite easy not to like it - whether it's good or bad.

Component failures and human error will never be 100% eliminated; we try our best to prevent problems occuring, but they always will. Components fail, we make mistakes.

It's good to discuss the merits of different products, but, as I have said several times, in the end we'll all decide for ourselves what we want, and nothing anyone else say's will change our minds.

After trying several bikes, I liked the CT best. After you have tried several bikes, take the one you like best. Then we'll all be happy.

I for one have had my fill of comparisons, and would just like to get on and ride my bike. Have a nice day. :002:

:460: :0461:

:821:

Offline AIR4CE1

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:35:19 PM »
There will always be comparisons, however I believe there are a few factors which have allowed this specific comparison to become so enthusiastic and vocal :

-  this is almost a new segment of style of motorcycle, and appeals to many ex-sports bike riders. This has created unusual excitement amongst all of us.

- 3/4 of the members of this, and the Explorer Forum, are eagerly anticipating the arrival of their new bike. Half of the people on these forums probably have their names on both waiting lists, and to date have been denied the pleasure of even a short test drive on either bike.

So, in the interests of the people who do not yet have either a Crosstourer or Explorer parked in our garage - we have nothing else to talk about other than statistical comparisons, so please indulge us  :145:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:49:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by AIR4CE1 [+]
There will always be comparisons, however I believe there are a few factors which have allowed this specific comparison to become so enthusiastic and vocal :

-  this is almost a new segment of style of motorcycle, and appeals to many ex-sports bike riders. This has created unusual excitement amongst all of us.

- 3/4 of the members of this, and the Explorer Forum, are eagerly anticipating the arrival of their new bike. Half of the people on these forums probably have their names on both waiting lists, and to date have been denied the pleasure of even a short test drive on either bike.

So, in the interests of the people who do not yet have either a Crosstourer or Explorer parked in our garage - we have nothing else to talk about other than statistical comparisons, so please indulge us  :145:

I note your points. I am one of those 'exited' riders, an ex-vfr rider (not quite a sports bike, but close), and I already have my CT in the garage. After the ST it's a dream.

I don't believe that there are that many people with their names on both lists - if there are, then those people don't really know what they want.

I am not saying we shouldn't compare, it's just that I can already see the comparisions getting out of hand. As long as they stay 'friendly', I say compare away - and I'll just go for a ride.

Cheers,
Doc  :031:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:16:49 PM by Doc »

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »
I'm a sport bike rider and I love my fireblade. I love it so much its not for sale. I test rode the crosstourer this weekend. I can't offer any more words of wisdom about the Crosstourer then has already been said on this forum many times. The Crosstourer DCT is good enough for me, it has similar performance as my Blade. I've ordered the DCT but unfortunately she won't arrive for a few weeks. I'm happy to hear people's thoughts and opinions,  sometimes someone will make a good point that I never thought of. This is a good thing as we are all traveling along the same route in life where we share a common interest - Motorcycles.
 Obviously you will get people that are very passionate and express there views strongly. Poo pooing the opposition ie: the other adventure bikes is to be expected and only natural. Look, lets face it guys, I'll let you all into a little secret, keep it to yourselves and don't tell anyone. The Crosstourer is the best, GAME OVER.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Strider [+]
I'm a sport bike rider and I love my fireblade. I love it so much its not for sale. I test rode the crosstourer this weekend. I can't offer any more words of wisdom about the Crosstourer then has already been said on this forum many times. The Crosstourer DCT is good enough for me, it has similar performance as my Blade. I've ordered the DCT but unfortunately she won't arrive for a few weeks. I'm happy to hear people's thoughts and opinions,  sometimes someone will make a good point that I never thought of. This is a good thing as we are all traveling along the same route in life where we share a common interest - Motorcycles.
 Obviously you will get people that are very passionate and express there views strongly. Poo pooing the opposition ie: the other adventure bikes is to be expected and only natural. Look, lets face it guys, I'll let you all into a little secret, keep it to yourselves and don't tell anyone. The Crosstourer is the best, GAME OVER.

Well said...

...and I won't tell a soul  :016:

Offline AIR4CE1

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 10:31:55 PM »
@ DOC,

My apologies if my sentiments came over a little strong, no offence intended.  :158:

Offline Captain Scarlet

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Ducati Diavel CR
  • City / Town: Roswell
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »
I just read the word Peerless in a posting - is anything peerless?
RC30 is probably closest. I think when using the word, you have to look at the here and now. In 1988 the RC30 was peerless. Today we would say it's radiator is insufficient, it's front wheel the wrong size and it's mirrors resemble that of a spaniel
 :001:

I'm happy to hear people's thoughts and opinions,  sometimes someone will make a good point that I never thought of. This is a good thing as we are all traveling along the same route in life where we share a common interest - Motorcycles.
:0461:  :821:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:13:16 AM by Captain Scarlet »

arab-exile