Barrier Highway

Views: 1293
Posted by: RoadRash
in: RoadRash
Glencoe

Views: 323
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My Crosstourer with an Explorer  (Read 4454 times)

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
My Crosstourer with an Explorer
« on: April 14, 2012, 04:11:14 PM »
I think they are probably good friends!  The Crosstourer is better looking, and far nicer to ride.  :169:

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Re: My Crosstourer with an Explorer
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:18:50 PM »
 :0461: :0461:      Just had my test ride ....sooo good,even on a Black non DCT!!!! :152: :152:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »
I don't think that anyone who has ridden both will go for the Explorer - the Crosstourer is simply better!

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 06:25:08 PM »
... i've not seen "live" an Explorer yet - since i have my CT. First thing to change on a Explorer would be that "too big" of an exhaust  :033:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »
Unfortunately theres so much ugly on the explorer theres just no way, no how you can hide it.  :192:

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 09:21:55 PM »
 :0461: :004:

Offline Captain Scarlet

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Ducati Diavel CR
  • City / Town: Roswell
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 11:22:41 PM »
The Honda is a better looking and finished bike IMHO and the Triumph is slightly better dynamically speaking. I think the exhaust on the Triumph is one of the ugliest I've seen in years. I've ordered an Arrow for mine! 
:018:  :082:

The comparison pics are nice Doc. I suspect just as many people over on the eXplorer forum will be saying that they think that anyone who has ridden both will not go for the Crosstourer - the Explorer is simply better! 
:150: :745:

RIC went to a dealers today, who was having a CT launch day. Unfortunately someone had already dropped it, with just 25 miles on the clock - oops! Quite a lot of damage too, as it happens, several items broken or damaged including the shaft drive. A shame really as he now owns an eXplorer so it would have been good to hear what he thought of it. He's getting a ride on it once they've put humpty-dumpty back together again. BTW, he did call the finish 'perfect' though, so he obviously liked the look of it.

What I think is great is that the Adv-Tourer class is really kicking now. I'd be happy owning any of the four main competitors frankly. IMPO I actually think the veteran GS is now in last place. And that's incredible, as having owned two I know the GS is a great all-rounder, so that means that the Yamaha, Honda and Triumph are all stunning do-it-all machines. And we're all the winners for that! 
:028: :001:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:30:01 PM by Captain Scarlet »

Offline AIR4CE1

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 09:19:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet [+]
so that means that the Yamaha, Honda and Triumph are all stunning do-it-all machines. And we're all the winners for that! 
:028: :001:

Choice of 2, 3 or 4 cylinder - 1200cc  :0461:

The Yamaha possibly a little behind in terms of engine dynamics, but definitely tried-n-tested.

In South Africa, the Yamaha is the most expensive, with the Explorer the "cheapest" of the trio. Approximately US$1814 difference between the Yamaha and Explorer.

South African ZAR to US$, direct exchange rate conversion :
Explorer  US$ 18 085
Crosstourer  US$ 19 023
XT1200Z   US$ 19 899
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:39:04 AM by AIR4CE1 »