Random Gallery Image

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Akrapovic Titanium Slip-on Exhaust  (Read 10412 times)

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Akrapovic Titanium Slip-on Exhaust
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:36:07 AM »
I really like the sound of the V4 engine - a very nice grumble when idling and a very cool sound when reving it up. So anybody some meaning on this optional Akrapovic Titanium Slip-on Exhaust? It's supposed to give a little bit more power (?), it's lighter and it looks very good too actually :018: ... and i could imagine an even better sound  :305:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:38:03 AM by ojo »
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
Re: Akrapovic Titanium Slip-on Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:59:31 AM »
hey for what it is worth having picked up mine today I left my ear plugs out on the ride home just to listen to the sound and I can say as is standard has a great sound, as ojo said the grumble when sitting at the lights is great the sounds as you accelerate is even better still running in so have not given it a big push on the rev range yet but I am more than happy with the factory setup and as for power I have come from a Hornet 900 so at this stage I have gained more power than I need  :002:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline rogieWA

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: esperance
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 04:07:31 PM »
wow jacob you already have your bike? if they have pne at the honda shop in perth i will have a look at it.i will get one soon just in between moveing jobs and got a lot on,i bet you are happy with your purchase :)

*Originally Posted by jacob [+]
hey for what it is worth having picked up mine today I left my ear plugs out on the ride home just to listen to the sound and I can say as is standard has a great sound, as ojo said the grumble when sitting at the lights is great the sounds as you accelerate is even better still running in so have not given it a big push on the rev range yet but I am more than happy with the factory setup and as for power I have come from a Hornet 900 so at this stage I have gained more power than I need  :002:

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 09:56:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by jacob [+]

:460:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 04:04:43 PM »
I think the sound the standard exhaust makes is very good, so I'm going to keep the €900 for the Akrapovic option in my pocket - that's 600 litres of fuel; or for the Crosstourer 10.000 kilometres!!!  :305:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:49:43 PM by Doc »

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 04:02:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
I think the sound the standard exhaust makes is very good, so I'm going to keep the €900 for the Akrapovic option in my pocket - that's 600 litres of fuel; or for the Crosstourer 10.000 kilometres!!!  :305:

:028: Very wise....

:821:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
I may go for the Akrapovic exhaust for couple or reasons. Just measured out my setup for my 45L Touratech panniers: to fit them nice I would want them to have as "close" as possible to the bike, dont want to have more than 1 meter in width at rear end.  So with standard exhaust i would have to "move" down exhaust about 40 or 50mm .... but with Akrapovic as it looks much smaller it could just fit in. I could not check that out as there are no real indicators on websites or such.
The other reasons is for sound and good looking anyway. Not decided anything yet.
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by ojo [+]
I may go for the Akrapovic exhaust for couple or reasons. Just measured out my setup for my 45L Touratech panniers: to fit them nice I would want them to have as "close" as possible to the bike, dont want to have more than 1 meter in width at rear end.  So with standard exhaust i would have to "move" down exhaust about 40 or 50mm .... but with Akrapovic as it looks much smaller it could just fit in. I could not check that out as there are no real indicators on websites or such.
The other reasons is for sound and good looking anyway. Not decided anything yet.

Of course, instead, you could always invest the €900 (for the Akrapovic exhaust) in some new panniers - just a thought!  :002: