DSC 2303

Views: 186
Posted by: LP
in: LP
P1000873

Views: 195
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Warning !  (Read 3832 times)

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Warning !
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:14:02 PM »
I went for my first long distance drive over the easter days. Went from switzerland to Germany, Austria, Hungary down to Romania and back  :305:

So here comes the WARNING: this BEAST of Crosstourer and especially its Double Clutch Transmission can get very ADDICTIVE  :211: How comes that i drive some 1700km's, arriving at the "destination" and just want to do another extra round just to feel this THING again  :029: ...

DCT, it's so smooth switching gears ... especially when  you drive "slowly" through those towns. BUT woe there are some trucks in front of you and you think you got to catch them .... jeeezzz ... just a matter of switching into S-mode .... full throttle .... i still can hear the sound even now: .... iiiiiiiiiiiuiiiiiiiiiiiuiiiiiiiiiiii .... and there you are in front of everybody again .... hitting the brakes very hard to get down the speed again  :157: (you want to try to keep your licence .... )

... hehe, i wanted to do that over and over again .... i was almost addicted to it ... hmmmm, or - should i meet a psychiatrist  :211:

I did some 3700km the last few days, a little crazy i know but it really was worth it. Was cold at times especially in the mountain parts of Romania yesterday, but mostly it was ok, sunny and warm.
Worst thing was the wind noise around my helmet, this small window of CT is no good at all for long drives.

I was amazed that a couple of times i was even below 5L per 100km fuel consumption now! Thats good isn't it!

Talking about DCT above, for those who went with standard CT thats just fine too, with this power of the engine you could easy be lazy switching gears and still overtake all you want there ahead of you ;-) ...
... but i WARN you too - CT driving can be very addictive  :305:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: Warning !
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »
Super posting you junkie!!!  :029:

My addiction with the CT DCT begins tomorrow - how am I going to sleep!!!  I know, another beer  :031:

PS. How was the seat after 1700km's :261:  :305:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:28:52 PM by Doc »

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »
Hehe  :046: tomorrow ...  :062: wish you a good start  :305:

Nah the seat was ok and my bum seemed good too  :082: I really felt comfortable, no sores or such. Same for the hands, no worries at all, feels all good. Ok, i am a bit used to long driving days and i don't care anyway. What I do is some "standups" sometimes, moving my legs around too ....
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:03:07 PM »
ah yeah I forgot to mention i am addicted to the V4 sound as well !! Especially cool when grumbling while standing at a red light or such ....  :028: ... huch and in the morning when you get ready and start the engine ! What a toy  :305:

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »
What a great warning - so it sounds like we are standing on the edge of becoming addicts  :038:
bring it on  :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 05:52:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by ojo [+]
I went for my first long distance drive over the easter days. Went from switzerland to Germany, Austria, Hungary down to Romania and back  :305:

So here comes the WARNING: this BEAST of Crosstourer and especially its Double Clutch Transmission can get very ADDICTIVE  :211: How comes that i drive some 1700km's, arriving at the "destination" and just want to do another extra round just to feel this THING again  :029: ...

DCT, it's so smooth switching gears ... especially when  you drive "slowly" through those towns. BUT woe there are some trucks in front of you and you think you got to catch them .... jeeezzz ... just a matter of switching into S-mode .... full throttle .... i still can hear the sound even now: .... iiiiiiiiiiiuiiiiiiiiiiiuiiiiiiiiiiii .... and there you are in front of everybody again .... hitting the brakes very hard to get down the speed again  :157: (you want to try to keep your licence .... )

... hehe, i wanted to do that over and over again .... i was almost addicted to it ... hmmmm, or - should i meet a psychiatrist  :211:

I did some 3700km the last few days, a little crazy i know but it really was worth it. Was cold at times especially in the mountain parts of Romania yesterday, but mostly it was ok, sunny and warm.
Worst thing was the wind noise around my helmet, this small window of CT is no good at all for long drives.

I was amazed that a couple of times i was even below 5L per 100km fuel consumption now! Thats good isn't it!

Talking about DCT above, for those who went with standard CT thats just fine too, with this power of the engine you could easy be lazy switching gears and still overtake all you want there ahead of you ;-) ...
... but i WARN you too - CT driving can be very addictive  :305:

:460:
My whole body tingles while reading your post.....

Doc : have ajoyful and safe ride...

:821:

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:11:47 AM »
Wow Doc ,this has made the waiting even harder..... Excellent fuel figures ,in our units that looks like 56+ miles per gallon (UK)  and from my past history will only get better as the miles go on ..Well that is if you can resist the throttle  and 'S' mode!!!! :305: :305:

Offline VaraGirona

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Girona
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »
That sounds really good.
It looks like the DCT is a "must have" on this bike ...
And fuel consumption is not a problem  :046:
Well, if anything changes tomorrow finally I will test de CT DCT for first time. Our Honda dealers don't have lot of bikes to test ... :232:
I feel nervous about it !!
It doesn’t matter the fast you go, but the far you arrive ...

arab-exile