Before the KTM was this.

Views: 188
Posted by: verde
in: Verde
In Ashford

Views: 213
Posted by: luckyluke
in: Luckyluke

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Evening All  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Ralentino Vossi

• Crosstourer Member
Evening All
« on: April 08, 2012, 12:06:37 AM »
Hi guys stumbled in here a few days ago and hope to have my deal for a new DCT SE finalised this week
have came from a mainly sport touring background a couple VFR'S, Blackbird, ZZR14,a V-Strom and more recently BMW GS Adventures
really looking forward to this new bike.
Just have to decide now on which colour to go for
Cheers for now
 :031:

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Re: Evening All
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »
 :400: :400: :062: My white on comes in 3 weeks time :152:  Have a god read thro the posts on here ,no one seams displeased with any of the colours but you can get a good idea of the white from the VFR1200F sports  and some of Ojo's posts from Switzerland show his white one in some short video clips ..

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 10:17:20 AM »
Hello and welcome - keen to hear what has driven your desire to change from the GS to the CT ... BTW - mine on order is white I believe this is the best colour  :152:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ralentino Vossi [+]
Hi guys stumbled in here a few days ago and hope to have my deal for a new DCT SE finalised this week
have came from a mainly sport touring background a couple VFR'S, Blackbird, ZZR14,a V-Strom and more recently BMW GS Adventures
really looking forward to this new bike.
Just have to decide now on which colour to go for
Cheers for now
 :031:

:400:  I have a feeling you won't be the last to change from the GS to the CT. You're going to love the CT, especially with DCT.
If you haven't ordered your CT with DCT, feel free to kick yourself now   :157:  -  it's so good!

Mine's silver and registered to ride from Thursday.   :305: :305: :305:

Offline Ralentino Vossi

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »
Hi guys thanks for the welcome,
The BMW GSA is also a great bike but i try to change bike every 2 - 3 years
And I really am a V4 fan,I did have a run on the new VFR 1200 when it finally was released in 2010, I liked the bike but I couldn't get on with the riding position due to a lower back problem that I have, At that time no bar risers were available and also the 18.5 litre tank put me off a bit especially after riding a 08 GSA with a 33 litre tank and all the toys it had so I bought a new GSA.
I sold my 2010 GSA privately a few weeks ago as I was a bit concerned that with the new Honda Cross Tourer and the Triumph Explorer being released it probably will hit used GS prices hard, I recently rode the new Triumph and although it is also a great bike the Honda build quality in my opinion is superior so after a quick run on the new Dct I am smitten, The bike just feels so well built and the engine is so smooth and has bags of low + mid range  grunt with superb handling and the Dct so easy to use and is vastly improved from the vfr version which is good but not as user friendly
So i just have to decide on which colour to go for
cheers for now

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 12:59:14 PM »
I change my bike as soon as the warranty runs out - to avoid possible repair bills.

I rode a VFR800i and 2 V-Tec's between 1998 and 2004, and from 2004 to 2012 I had three new ST1300's. I looked at the VFR1200F, but for the same reasons as you - tank range and riding position - I decided to wait.

From Thursday I will be riding the VFR1200XD - with the absolutely fantastic DCT MKII. If you are thinking of a CT then try the DCT MKII before you decide. You do not lose control over the bike, and it couldn't be easier to ride. Well done Honda.  :020:

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 02:41:11 AM »
 :400: :400: :400:

Offline Murdock

• Crosstourer Pro
  • It is important to give gas!!!!!
  • Bike: XL700V
  • City / Town: Rimini