IMG 1216

Views: 286
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
HCT DCT 8

Views: 535
Posted by: cozmo1589
in: Cozmo1589

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi Everybody  (Read 1724 times)

Offline techno40

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer/Red
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Hi Everybody
« on: April 06, 2012, 06:33:42 PM »
Hi to evereybody.
I had a Honda CBF 600 SA and looking for a more enduro style bike. I first saw Crosstourer prototype in web pages summerizing EICMA 2010 fair with pivtures and video. I liked it. Followed in EICMA 2011. Again from the web,  I learned the press lunch in Spain.
By chance there was a motorcylce fair in Istanbul at the beginning of March just after 10 days. I red all first drive  reports, visited the fair, saw physically the bike and ordered.
Now, I am an owner of Crosstourer and started to riding it two weeks before.
My Crosstourer is red and with a manual clutch (Honda is not importing dual clutch version in Turkey)

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: Hi Everybody
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:35:30 PM »
 :400:  ...and congratulations on the Crosstourer. What do you think so far  :261:

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »
techno40 :400: :400: and :046: :046: on the arrival of your newCT

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 03:02:06 AM »
Well done and congratultions on your CT ... enjoy and ride safe, don't forget to post stories and pictures  :152:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 07:32:04 AM »
 :400:  once again, and don't forget - we are all waiting to see pictures of your new steed. Get them online!  :047:

Offline techno40

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer/Red
  • City / Town: Istanbul
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 08:23:52 PM »
Hi again,

Today I made my first long ride of 150km ( I got the CT 2 weeks before, but due to weather & my business load I didn't had the chance for a long ride ) .

Just a quick summary:

- Perfect engine with lot of power. Without increasing RPM a lot , I could reach 130km/h and beyond very easily.
- In normal driving condition (open traffic, speed in between 100-130km/h with small peaks up to 150km/h ) my average consumption was 5,9L/100km. In very calm ride I saw 4,8L-5,1L / 100km. I believe that this is more then enough for amny people.
- In heavy traffic with lot of start & stops the average was 7,9L/100km.
- Perhaps you will not believe, but due to its large handlebar and large pivoting angle, manoeuvring is much easy then CBF 600 !...
- I saw a lot of critics about the weight.  Before buying the CT, I had question marks in my mind . Surprise....You will not feel it.... 275kg ? really.....  :152:
- Bad point for the fairing...! I was using a two pieces version of MRA glass with my CBF. After my experience on CT  my touring screen order justified itself.
- No one is talking about suspensions. I am a little bit sensitive on comfort. I was using my CBF with a fully adjusted tailor made Wilbers shock. With CT I am still trying to find the best settings of preload and rebound. Based on my experience especially the front fork damping is hard. Not the big bumps,  but I am feeling all other rough surface pulses on the handlebar.
But it is early for a definitive conclusion. Still working on the settings. today on the return way I softened the rebound setting and the feeling was much better. Let's see .............
- My dealer ordered for the accessories and still waiting  :034:
- And the very good thing .....I was planned to buy a metallic grey one but decided for the red. Very very eye catching. In city traffic, first time in my biking life, I am noticing that a lot of people is watching to my bike.  :015:

In summary a happy  :305:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »
Nice ride report techno40.  :460:

Fuel consumption is as expected - good to get it confirmed by both you and Ojo now. I've fitted the taller touring screen as well.

The suspension is where I am going to do some changes too - it'll be trial and error for me, adjust a little, then ride, and so on.

Glad you're a happy  :305:  and that the bike is a croud-puller!

I can ride mine on Thursday, when it's registered.  :047:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:40:45 PM by Doc »

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »
 :062: :062:great report techno40,, Am all  confused now ,Red was my first choice with Silver second and both sound  'yummy' from your  and Doc's reports .....but i chose white!!!! :087: