Maloja Pass with Stefan E

Views: 223
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
A My Red Tourer (4)

Views: 203
Posted by: iec
in: iec

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First service  (Read 3311 times)

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
First service
« on: March 31, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »
Just got back from first service. No major issue, oil change and general check of the bike.
Oil filter change, there are actually two of them one for the main oil circle and a smaller one just ahead of the clutch oil pump system (as i understand it).
Oil volume is 3.9L.
I had a minor issue to ask my mechanic on DCT system: when you start engine (cold) then you want to switch in "first gear" - sometimes there just happens nothing when pushing the shifter ... so that felt annoying as you just could not drive off (immediately)! Thing is that after start (and "longer" standing) oil pump needs to build up pressure to release clutch. So that is usually a matter of seconds of rev up the engine a bit and then your ok. So this is normal.
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: First service
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:52:44 PM »
I can live with a few seconds. We need to gve the others a head start anyway.  :745:

Hopefully, I find out very soon exactly how long I have to wait. It will be interesting to see how long it takes when the oil is very cold. I usually start my bike, put my gloves on, then off I go. So a few seconds is no hardship. The DCT makes up for it as soon as you set off. :002:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 11:21:43 PM »
Yes your right there Doc, a few seconds is no issue. But as i said if you rev it up a bit you would be fine for an immediate start too. It's just not the thing you are used to do. It will be interesting on how this is on other bikes or is it just a tic of my bike  :018:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »
Hi Ojo, mine is exactly the same.

I flipped up the side stand (otherwise you can't engage DCT), then started the bike in neutral. It was about 5-10 seconds before I could select D-mode.
As I said before, I usually start the bike and then put my gloves on, so these few seconds is no problem.

Otherwise, DCT?  --  Absolutely unbelievable!!!

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 08:53:39 PM »
I need to get out this weekend to put some km's on the clock ready for the first service. I should get the 350km to 1000km done in between the rain clouds. Once the 1000km service is out of the way, I can get some long distance touring in.  :305:

Offline Yippy02

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Tjalleberd
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:32:46 PM »
Also on my side the same time issue. However, 5 to 10 seconds never happend to me yet  :002:

DCT works quite well. Never had a traction problem (yet?).  :047: Even the small roundabouts and 180 ° slowly turns went OK !!
Like I said I am very happy and a proud owner.

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 04:44:25 PM »
 :152: :152:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 07:44:41 PM »
I've now noticed that when you start the bike there is a little minus sign where the gear number is, which means you can't engage DCT. It disappears after a few seconds and then you can engage. It really is just a couple of seconds.

arab-exile