Author New Crosstourer owner Suspension question K-tec valves with hyperpro springs  (Read 667 times)

• Offline linkomthsed   gb

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    6
    • Topic Author

Offline linkomthsed

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    New Crosstourer owner Suspension question K-tec valves with hyperpro springs
    on: May 30, 2022, 10.59 am
    May 30, 2022, 10.59 am
    Hi,

I'm a new owner of a 2018 highlander crosstourer and trying to sort out its suspension to upgrade it to deal with my overweight self (150KG). so far Its got a hyperpro rearshock with external res built to my weight for the rear which worked wonderful and is no longer to soft. the issue i have is the frount which was very stiff and harsh to start with so i went with K-tec valves with hyerpro springs as per recommendations of leask racing who I'm working with however, to my shock somehow its now even stiffer and worse. I have also got someone else to ride to who is lighter then me as i though maybe i was just siting at the lower end of the progressive fork and would get better once i have lost weight but found the same result but had a much better way of wording it. in his words "its like a wizard has hidden the non-existent compression dial and set it to 100 clicks hard"

What i wanted to see is if anyone here has done the same combo of K-tec valves + hyperpro springs and had the same result ?

For me i feel this upgrade should have done the opposite result but then i don't really know what I'm talking about as i have no experience in this area and have never once had to change the suspension on any bike i've had in the past. It just leads me to thinking maybe the k-tec valves don't like the springs or the springs don't like the k-tec reccomended oil or something is wrong with one of the parts. The bikes booked back in with leask racing on the 8th of June to put the stock springs back in to see if that makes any difference.

• Offline CiprianStoica

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    14

Offline CiprianStoica

• Crosstourer Junior
    Re: New Crosstourer owner Suspension question K-tec valves with hyperpro springs
    Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 01.00 pm
    May 30, 2022, 01.00 pm
    I am about to install k-tech valves in my forks in the next few days. I will let you know how things will go and if I get the same feedback with the stock springs. Hopefully not, as I was looking to eliminate the stiffness of the standard valves and not increase it.

One thing comes to my mind, according to some k-tech documentation the oil level with the valves should be 150mm, which means 2cm less oil than standard and even less than the hyperpro recommended level which I think is 125mm from the top. Maybe this is worth checking.
    Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 01.52 pm by CiprianStoica