Random Gallery Image

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Crosstourer rival revealed  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
New Crosstourer rival revealed
« on: March 13, 2012, 11:02:10 AM »
I have heard from a reliable source within the motorcycle industry, that a motorcycle manufacturer has produced a new adventure machine to rival all others, including the new Crosstourer. I cannot name the manufacturer for legal reasons, but my source who lives near the factory in Berlin said:

"The bike is due for release towards the end of ze year. Here are just some of it's major features:

- 101 kilos (wet)
- 42 litre tank
- ABS & Traction control with revolutionary 2-wheel shaft-drive system
- water-cooled 4-cylinder boxer engine
- 3.4 litres / 100km in full power mode, 1.3 litres per 100km - in economy mode (one cylinder only)
- 8-speed automatic gearbox with tiptronic function with cruise control
- rider and pillion airbags
- built-in 12" touch-screen stereo navigation system with auto locator
- electrically adjustable seat height from 60-95cm with auto and manual ride-height adjustment-
- electrically adjustable (height and angle) front screen with electrically adustable screen tinting system
- Heated grips, seats and mirrors
- two side stands (left and right)

Price is expected to be around €3,750 and it will be available in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and voilet."

The first motorcycle journalists to see the machine had this to say:

"It's a bit of a heavyweight, tank range is not so good for an adventure bike, the service intervals are only every 30,000 km, and the two-wheel drive system is not switchable between the front and rear. What we all can't understand is why it's not available in white"

A Honda spoksperson in their Japanese HQ was heard to say, "Doc must be bored at home, waiting for his Crosstourer. I'll get on to the guys at Honda Germany, and see if we carn't get him a bike a bit quicker."

:745: :745: :745:

Make up your own mind!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:51:23 AM by Doc »

Offline zpowerdave

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: BOLTON
Re: New Crosstourer rival revealed
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:47:10 PM »
i have also heard of this new model, the dealer also told me that after they have sold the first batch of 100 bikes, and after everybody had paid full price, then they will offer it with FREE centre stand, heated grips, top box and panniers and discount it by 30% !!!!!!

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 05:08:35 AM »
U are a craker Doc... hahahaha Keep it coming...
Should open a post, strictly for jokes and specially for you...

:821:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 07:54:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by zpowerdave [+]
i have also heard of this new model, the dealer also told me that after they have sold the first batch of 100 bikes, and after everybody had paid full price, then they will offer it with FREE centre stand, heated grips, top box and panniers and discount it by 30% !!!!!!

It will sell like hotcakes with the free centre stand!!!  :745: :745: :745:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:16:42 AM by Doc »

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 08:14:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Freaky [+]

Hi Freaky,
Thanks. There is a time to be serious and a time for some fun; the trick is knowing when.

Between us all on the forum, we will exchange some useful information, and discuss some great topics over the next few years regarding our lives with our Crosstourer's; but we shouldn't forget the lighter side of life.

For some of us it can be really hard at times, and not all members of the forum may realise their dream of owning a Crosstourer straight away - 15,000 Euros is expensive in any country. But until we are all riding the dream machine, at least we can have a beer and a laugh together; you can't beat a cold beer and a good laugh with friends.

Keepin' it real.
Doc

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:37:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
*Originally Posted by Freaky [+]

Hi Freaky,
Thanks. There is a time to be serious and a time for some fun; the trick is knowing when.

Between us all on the forum, we will exchange some useful information, and discuss some great topics over the next few years regarding our lives with our Crosstourer's; but we shouldn't forget the lighter side of life.

For some of us it can be really hard at times, and not all members of the forum may realise their dream of owning a Crosstourer straight away - 15,000 Euros is expensive in any country. But until we are all riding the dream machine, at least we can have a beer and a laugh together; you can't beat a cold beer and a good laugh with friends.

Keepin' it real.
Doc

:0461: So true.... For our shores, it will be est SGD $35000.00 after taxes, intrest and other sh**= Euro 21K. Not a small inded.
I have always own a 2nd hand bike, this time around I'd love for the CT to me my FIRST brand new baby.
I can just imagine for now. Hope all goes well....

Offline Rogerang

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Honda VFR800i
  • City / Town: Woodlands
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 04:14:55 AM »
Crosstourer gonna be a long long investment for me thought.
hope its not gonna be a dissappointment.
 :001:
I don't normally speed! I just FLY low...

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 08:18:42 AM »
Work out your finance carefully bro... Give and take abit here and there, part time McDonalds delivery, sure can make it....
Then we shall go Thailand together fo the run in.... hehehehe  :745: :745: :745: