Full Beam

Views: 156
Posted by: MotoGpNick
in: MotoGpNick
Bushcamp west of Balladonia

Views: 639
Posted by: RoadRash
in: RoadRash

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bad news!!!  (Read 9402 times)

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Bad news!!!
« on: March 09, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »
Hi All,
I've just had some bad news from my dealer.

The boss at Honda (Germany) told him they are having delivery problems and it doesn't look like I'll be gettting my bike (with DCT) anytime soon. My dealer is trying his best, but he told me that everyone is having problems with deliveries from Honda, even with the NC700 series.

If the bike is not here in three weeks, I need to find another bike.

Depressed at the moment.  :003: :003: :003:   

UPDATE:

My dealer just said he will loan me a bike until mine arrives - CT with gears.  :062:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:21:17 AM by Doc »

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Re: Bad news!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:24:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]

UPDATE:

My dealer just said he will loan me a bike until mine arrives - CT with gears.  :062:
.. now that sounds good for you :018:

On the other hand it's annoying not to have your own bike. ... so that is bad news for many others too. But what could you do  :020:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »
Hi Doc, good for you to get the loaner, now you can have fun testing all aspects of the bike before you take delivery of your own ... Jacob
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 10:58:50 PM »
My dealer just told me today that i was "lucky" to get the bike ...  there seems to be a real "shortage" of DCT models at the moment. Honda could not tell when he was getting the next one  :110: ...
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:21:18 PM »
I went to my dealer today and test rode the Triumph and the Crosstourer - the Crosstourer is simply a class higher than the Triumph.  :002:

I did 30 km on the Triumph and 40 km on the Honda, but it was enough to eliminate the Triumph completely from the equation.

The Crosstourer's brakes are far better; the mirrors are larger, don't vibrate and you can see around your body; the V4 engine and sound beats the triple for me every time. I know it can be adjusted, but the suspension on the Triumph is very stiff, I felt all the bumps in the roads and didn't like the standard setting at all - the Honda is softer as standard and the seat is a dream.
The Crosstourer's instruments are very clear although the rev-counter bar could have been a bit wider. I rode the standard version with manual gears - the clutch is very light. Both bikes felt light, I didn't feel the weight even at slow speed. (But bear in mind I've just changed fron an ST1300).

My dealer has 1 bike at the end of March (Manual in black), and 2 more at the end of May (both silver, 1 manual and 1 DCT). Rediculous. Mine is scheduled for the end of May. After riding the manual version I would quite happily take it, so my dealer is trying to get me the black one for the end of March. I rode a black one today and it looks good.

Hopefully on Monday I will get a delivery date in March; I don't want to be waiting until June for a DCT bike. Fingers crossed.

It would seem like Honda have so me serious delivery problems. :003: :003: :003:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:06:36 PM by Doc »

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:10:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]

Hopefully on Monday I will get a delivery date in March; I want to waiting until June for a DCT bike. Fingers crossed.
I dont know the manual gear bike BUT i am so happy with DCT. It fit's the engine and the bike perfectly. It's really a great thing to feel the power and the gears switch in so quick especially if your on full acceleration. Cruising around is so comfortable. I already can't imagine my bike without DCT. It's a shame you would have to wait until the end of may!

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 07:22:51 PM »
I will find out on Monday the exact situation. I want the Crosstourer with DCT and don't want to compromise. I hope that Honda find one for me from somewhere.

If anyone from Honda Germany should happen to read this...  :440: :440: :440:  ...can I have a DCT Crosstourer  :261: (in Silver)

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 08:18:05 PM »
After some careful consideration, I have decided to wait for the DCT Crosstourer. It is what I want and I'm not going to compromise.

Roll on week 22!  :305: :305: :305: