Author Stock Handguards  (Read 854 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline casselmb

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    28
    • **
    • Topic Author

    Offline casselmb

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 28
    Stock Handguards
    on: Mar 04, 2022, 01.11 pm
    Mar 04, 2022, 01.11 pm
    I have a 2016 DCT model and am looking for a pair of stock handguards. A bird took out one of my original guards. I fitted the Powerbronze guards as a replacement but am not a huge fan. Part of the issue is that I have the MC cruise fitted also, which pushed the mounting point over a bit on the left side. The Powerbronze guard with its larger size does not fit correctly. Would be willing to pay for stock guards plus shipping, or trade the Powerbronze guards if anyone is interested. Please PM. I am located in the US.

  • Offline Hound   wales

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    254
    • ***
      #1

    Offline Hound

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 254
    • 2013 Crosstourer DCT Special Edition
    • Bike: '13 CT DCT SE
    • City / Town: Connah's Quay
    • Country: wales
    Re: Stock Handguards
    Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2022, 06.21 pm
    Mar 04, 2022, 06.21 pm
    He may not want to sell them but you can ask --  Klj removed his OE handguards (with Givi extensions) as they wouldn't fit when he converted his DCT to have a rear brake lever on the LH handlebar. He has Barkbusters now. He's in the UK though!

  • Offline casselmb

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    28
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline casselmb

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 28
    Re: Stock Handguards
    Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2022, 06.31 pm
    Mar 04, 2022, 06.31 pm
    *Originally Posted by Hound [+]
    He may not want to sell them but you can ask --  Klj removed his OE handguards (with Givi extensions) as they wouldn't fit when he converted his DCT to have a rear brake lever on the LH handlebar. He has Barkbusters now. He's in the UK though!

    Thank you, I will send him a message.

  • Offline wack   gb

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    281
    • ***
      #3

    Offline wack

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 281
    • It's not a hobby, it's in yer blood !
    • Bike: VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Ollerton
    • Country: gb
    Re: Stock Handguards
    Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2022, 08.22 pm
    Mar 07, 2022, 08.22 pm
    *Originally Posted by casselmb [+]
    I have a 2016 DCT model and am looking for a pair of stock handguards. A bird took out one of my original guards. I fitted the Powerbronze guards as a replacement but am not a huge fan. Part of the issue is that I have the MC cruise fitted also, which pushed the mounting point over a bit on the left side. The Powerbronze guard with its larger size does not fit correctly. Would be willing to pay for stock guards plus shipping, or trade the Powerbronze guards if anyone is interested. Please PM. I am located in the US.

    Hello casselmb,

    Which hand guard got broken ?

    Bye for now.

    Wack

  • Offline casselmb

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    28
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline casselmb

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 28
    Re: Stock Handguards
    Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2022, 08.27 pm
    Mar 07, 2022, 08.27 pm
    *Originally Posted by wack [+]
    Hello casselmb,

    Which hand guard got broken ?

    Bye for now.

    Wack

    It's my left one that is broken.

  • Offline Hound   wales

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    254
    • ***
      #5

    Offline Hound

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 254
    • 2013 Crosstourer DCT Special Edition
    • Bike: '13 CT DCT SE
    • City / Town: Connah's Quay
    • Country: wales
    Re: Stock Handguards
    Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2022, 11.32 pm
    Mar 07, 2022, 11.32 pm
    There's a slightly scuffed one on eBay (UK) for £17 that might do you temporarily.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255369172456?hash=item3b753055e8:g:De8AAOSwXzBh~PzG


  • Offline casselmb

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    28
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #6

    Offline casselmb

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 28
    Re: Stock Handguards
    Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2022, 02.42 pm
    Mar 15, 2022, 02.42 pm
    Thanks for the tips so far, currently still looking.

  • Offline capobob   gb

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    465
    • ***
      #7

    Offline capobob

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 465
    • Bike: 2015 HighlanderT
    • City / Town: SE London/Kent
    • Country: gb
    Re: Stock Handguards
    Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2022, 08.52 pm
    Mar 15, 2022, 08.52 pm
    I've got a pair off of a 2016 manual bike....If you are interested They are not new but in very good condition..
    Last Edit: Mar 15, 2022, 08.53 pm by capobob