Montijo

Views: 190
Posted by: Jaafa
in: Jaafa
Potes, Picos d'Europa

Views: 105
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Doc's Crosstourer - ordered!  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Doc's Crosstourer - ordered!
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:35:19 AM »
Hi everyone, I’m Doc.
I’m English and settled down to live in Germany in 2001 after 24 years in the RAF. I have just traded-in my third ST1300 (A9) for a Crosstourer with DCT but have to wait until March before she arrives. My first bike in 1979 was a Honda and since 2004 I have been riding the ST1300. I tried the DCT on the VFR1200F and loved it – just don’t want to go back to the F’s sporty riding position. I rode VFR800’s from 1998 to 2004 – I love the V-Four engine. My wife rides a CB600N and my son is after a VT750S when he passes his full test in a few months; he’s just sold his CB125F.

I was hoping that the VFR1200T (ST replacement) would be here already but perhaps the Crosstourers lower weight (40kgs less than the ST) and upright riding position will suit me better. I’ve ordered the bike in silver with a centre stand, heated grips, tank pad, side wind deflectors and touring screen. The luggage looks OK, but it’s expensive. I got the prices from my dealer yesterday. The top case is €767 with the floating adapter and the 2 side cases are over €1300 – expensive considering that I would only use them 2 or 3 times a year. I don’t know why Honda is only offering square Alu-look boxes; I think the colour-coded boxes used on other Hondas would look good on the CT too. It looks like I’ll be buying some soft luggage that will sit on the rack/seat. The extra lights with crash-bar and covers look good too, but at €1000 who’s going to buy them?

I go touring every year in the Alps, usually the second week in June – it’s quieter and all the passes are open. I’ll post my routes when I’ve settled into the site. I am touring central Germany in May and I’m hoping to ride the Route Grand Alps and Route Napoleon in September. I’ll fit my Zümo 550 to the bike and I’d also like to fit a GoPro HD camera; I might need to buy the front crash-bar.

As soon as I get the new bike I’ll post some pictures, hopefully it will be here on the 10th March.

Cheers,
Doc
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:18:49 PM by Doc »

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Re: Doc's Crosstourer - ordered!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 02:20:53 PM »
 :400: Doc
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 05:16:28 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:07:58 AM »
Wassup doc.....  :745:
 :400: Good sir. Congrats on your confirmed order.

:821:

Offline G-Wing

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: 06KTM950ADV
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 04:22:50 AM »
 :152: well alright Doc, I'm looking forward to those ride reports   :305:
“Life is a verb, not a noun.” ~Charlotte Perkins Gilman
"Excellent, there was a big one coming up ‘Cheap petrol in hell’, that really got me pondering, until I got a little closer and realised the ‘S’ had dropped off the sign advertising the Shell servo in Norseman. Shame really, it was a thought-provoking slogan." - Katie em

Offline Murdock

• Crosstourer Pro
  • It is important to give gas!!!!!
  • Bike: XL700V
  • City / Town: Rimini
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 08:21:47 AM »
 :400: :400: :400: :400: :400: :400:

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 10:14:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
Hi everyone, I’m Doc.
I’m English and settled down to live in Germany in 2001 after 24 years in the RAF.
Hey Doc, I'm ex-RAF too, was based in Gutersloh for a couple of months and Laarbruch for 3 years ! Seeing as you are in Wegberg, were you there in Wegberg, Wildenrath or Bruggen ?

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 06:14:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by Murdock [+]
:400: :400: :400: :400: :400: :400:
Hi Steve,
I was at Laarbruch 84-87 and 89-93, and then Brüggen 98 -01. Worked in GEF (Leckie). Left RAF when brüggen closed, settled in Germany - wife German. I work in Mönchengladbach now -  Training/Delvelopment/Product Management.

I love the roads over here, they are perfect for biking - and in a few hours I'm in the Alps - Bliss!