Author Topic: post 2015 CT phone mount made in UK-can't find their address!  (Read 2191 times)

• Offline pehun   fr

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    67

Offline pehun

• Crosstourer Member
    Re: post 2015 CT phone mount made in UK-can't find their address!
    Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2021, 09.57 am
    Jun 30, 2021, 09.57 am
    Fine!
    Thanks a lot!

• Offline bazza950   england

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    427
    • Topic Author

Offline bazza950

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Ct 2018,DCTwhite
    • City / Town: whitchurch,shrop
    Re: post 2015 CT phone mount made in UK-Palmerproducts.co.uk
    Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2021, 03.16 pm
    Jul 03, 2021, 03.16 pm
    *Originally Posted by battle_bulge [+]

I sent off an email via their website and Iain replied rapidly,offering me a pre-production screen mount -that fits the adjustable screen post 2015 CT.He sent it "next day delivery" so I could fit pre hols!
    being a ham fisted bustard I had to mail him for instructions as a 5 piece jigsaw was beyond me! I consulted the photos he sent me and it was easy peasy -once I picked up the washers and nuts I kept dropping! The kit consists of 2 cnc cut brackets,which clamp to two moving brackets that carry the screen.The whole thing is adjustable ,over and above the height adjustment that's standard -and the angle  can be raked as well. Best of all it can have 2 different accessory bars -15 or 22mm -to take a phone or gps where you want to see it-above the dash in your vision. The whole kit fitted exactly with stainless bolts,anti vibe washers -not an exta screw needed and it even came with a small allen key.
    I am off to Scotland and will add the phone mount  but if you want a well engineered screen mount for your CT -or many other bikes -I would certainly recommend you look at www.palmerproducts.co.uk

• Offline pehun   fr

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    67

Offline pehun

• Crosstourer Member
    Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2021, 06.59 pm
    Jul 03, 2021, 06.59 pm
    Great,
    Could you take photos in the lower and in the higher position?
    👍

• Offline GoGhostMoto   us

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    8

Offline GoGhostMoto

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Kansas City, MO
    Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2021, 06.55 am
    Aug 15, 2021, 06.55 am
    Nice!  Would like to see more pix!  :152:

• Offline VFR1200Nordic

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    12

Offline VFR1200Nordic

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Bike: VFR1200X
    • City / Town: DANNIKE
    Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2021, 09.47 am
    Dec 01, 2021, 09.47 am
    Quick word of warning / advice re mounting phones: Apple and I believe many Android makers now will not honour your camera warranty if the phone has been mounted on a rigid mount. You have to have a mount with dampening as it can damage the image stabilisation system of the phone. This impacts phones like the iPhone 11, 12 & 13.

There will be others no doubt, but I SP Connect mounts (I have no affiliation to them at all, just think that their products are very good  :002:) and cases as they are really good at protecting the handset and clip on / off the mount with a simple twist. My partner I and I both use the system in cars, bikes, push bikes and our kayaks so we never need to worry about where to place a phone. On our bikes, we both use the professional handlebar mount which attaches to any size handlebar and has a built-in dampening.

Hope this is of use to someone  :038:

• Offline bazza950   england

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    427
    • Topic Author

Offline bazza950

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Ct 2018,DCTwhite
    • City / Town: whitchurch,shrop
    Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2021, 10.14 am
    Dec 01, 2021, 10.14 am
    I can understand the phone makers not wanting to cover damage caused by vibration -but that's hardly an issue with the CTs!
    i personally don't think phones should be mounted anywhere near handlebars ,simply beciase they are too low and if you're concentrating on the road you have to look down to the phone -not very safe!
    So my mount above the speedo area is far better -in my view!
    bazza

• Offline DE65Y   gb

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    198

Offline DE65Y

• Crosstourer Pro
    • City / Town: Widnes
    Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2021, 01.01 pm
    Dec 01, 2021, 01.01 pm
    *Originally Posted by bazza950 [+]
    I can understand the phone makers not wanting to cover damage caused by vibration -but that's hardly an issue with the CTs!
    i personally don't think phones should be mounted anywhere near handlebars ,simply beciase they are too low and if you're concentrating on the road you have to look down to the phone -not very safe!
    bazza
    Don't you check your speedo/idiot lights/miles left in the tank/map on a tankbag/etc

I don't use a phone while riding except to supply music or radio into my helmet but my SatNav sits snuggly in view below my clocks. Not a problem, probably less of a distraction down there, as it only gets looked at when a turn notification comes through.

• Offline VFR1200Nordic

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    12

Offline VFR1200Nordic

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Bike: VFR1200X
    • City / Town: DANNIKE
    Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2021, 04.56 pm
    Dec 06, 2021, 04.56 pm
    *Originally Posted by bazza950 [+]
    bazza

Agree with that but I, and I am guessing many others, use phones as both navigation (and other apps such as music (which I only use via Siri - I never operate the phone while in motion) need to mount a phone, whether it is down on the handlebars or further up above the clocks. Really my point was a heads up to the group to mount the handset in such a way where if there is a warranty claim, you can prove that you were not in breach of the Ts & Cs of your warranty

:002:  :002: