Author Topic: strange noise from the front suspension HELP  (Read 910 times)

Offline matt28

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 CT manual
  • City / Town: South East
Re: strange noise from the front suspension HELP
Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 09:38:20 PM
That's not normal, for sure.
Recently stripped down and serviced front suspension, including replacing standard springs with Hyperpro ones.
Maybe they damaged plastic bit as on the picture attached?

Offline Irokrom

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #9 on: June 07, 2021, 06:50:50 PM

I will definitely go to the mechanic and check, thanks, but if any of you have a crosstour, I will ask for a video of how his suspension works

Offline Irokrom

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 11:27:59 PM

I understand that something is wrong, but maybe you will show your machines how your suspension works because something seems to me that your noise is the same :745: :745: :745: :745: :745: :156: :008: :008: :008:

Offline __Ray__

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Brunssum
Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 08:01:35 AM
There are several persons who say that this is not normal.
We take our time to reply and now you want us to make a video because you seemingly don't believe us.
24 hours in a day is already not enough so if you don't believe us kerp riding with that suspension.

Online Max2007

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 12:17:28 PM
This is how my forks sound!
Somethime there some cliks but not from fork but from steering around (cables area)
I have hyperpro springs!

Offline CT_Ron

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X (2014)
  • City / Town: Borne
Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 07:50:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Irokrom [+]
will you help experienced owners of a crosstourer :)?
the front suspension makes a lot of noise in my machine, previously I did not pay attention to it and I do not know whether it is normal or not, I recorded videos,
I replaced the bearing of the frame head and the seals with oil in the lags at the mechanic's
how is it with your machines?

how do you see my rebound setup? I think it's bad

one more question, if you are driving 210 km / h because I was driving like this once and my steering wheel cracked, is it normal at this speed?

I had this when I worked on my front forks. I replaced my blown out fork seals and while reasembling the forks, I overtightened the damping rod, causing this kind of sound, not as bad as yours though. I could feel the forks vibrate in my handlebar when I pushed down.

Also check if you did not over-torqued your fork clamp bolts. Whatever it is, it's internal.

Offline Irokrom

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 11:22:57 PM
Thank you very much for the answer, then I have to see what are the strange sounds on the weekend machine check out and how do you have the springs adjusted? how many clicks? It is strange for me because I had a renovation of the suspension and nothing is leaking from the lag

Offline CT_Ron

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X (2014)
  • City / Town: Borne
Reply #15 on: June 11, 2021, 07:55:04 AM
*Originally Posted by Irokrom [+]
Thank you very much for the answer, then I have to see what are the strange sounds on the weekend machine check out and how do you have the springs adjusted? how many clicks? It is strange for me because I had a renovation of the suspension and nothing is leaking from the lag

If you had a renovation done, you could claim for warranty, because that sound is definitely something internal. I have front fairly standard setup. Suspension is dark magic. It works different for every person. I have a super critical suspension setup that only works for me ;). My rear has a Hyperpro spring with 13 clicks and half rebound.