Author Greetings from Lisbon, Portugal  (Read 3859 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline PeteVieira

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    24
    • **
    • Topic Author

    Offline PeteVieira

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 24
    Greetings from Lisbon, Portugal
    on: Apr 13, 2021, 10.32 am
    Apr 13, 2021, 10.32 am
    Hi all! Glad to be finally a member of this community! For a long time i've aimed to have a Crosstourer but I've never had a chance for a great deal, so for the past 3 years i've jumped from a NC750x, V-Strom 1000, FJR1300, a Tracer MT07 and i've finally reached the goal!

    Drive safe and enjoy the ride!





    Last Edit: Apr 13, 2021, 10.36 am by PeteVieira

  • Offline casselmb

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    28
    • **
      #1

    Offline casselmb

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 28
    Re: Greetings from Lisbon, Portugal
    Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2021, 03.48 pm
    Apr 13, 2021, 03.48 pm
    Welcome! Beautiful photos. My wife and I visited Lisbon and the Algarve back in 2016. I'm anxious to return once things are back to normal.

  • Offline PeteVieira

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    24
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline PeteVieira

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 24
    Re: Greetings from Lisbon, Portugal
    Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2021, 04.01 pm
    Apr 13, 2021, 04.01 pm
    *Originally Posted by casselmb [+]
    Welcome! Beautiful photos. My wife and I visited Lisbon and the Algarve back in 2016. I'm anxious to return once things are back to normal.

    Thanks! If you come with the Crosstourer make sure to pay a visit to cabo da roca (Sintra, near Lisbon) on Sundays  :152: big motorcycle meet up there.

  • Offline Younger06   ie

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    238
    • ***
      #3

    Offline Younger06

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 238
    • Bike: '16 VFR1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Naas, Co.Kildare
    • Country: ie
    Re: Greetings from Lisbon, Portugal
    Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2021, 06.14 pm
    Apr 13, 2021, 06.14 pm
    Welcome aboard...........lovely bike.


    Will you be going up to Portimao this weekend????

    I have visited the circuit a few times but never on a race weekend.

    I love Portugal.

  • Offline PeteVieira

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    24
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline PeteVieira

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 24
    Re: Greetings from Lisbon, Portugal
    Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2021, 08.52 pm
    Apr 13, 2021, 08.52 pm
    Actually this weekend I'll go on a moto camping journey to Serra da Estrela, hope I get some good footage to share on my logbook in the media section.
    What I've actually wanted was to go to Jerez on May 2nd, but the tickets are sold out and I believe they won't even let people in (got some friends that have the tickets since last year...)

    Portugal is amazing to ride from north to the south, i've got a plan to do the mythical N2 road (738km) in June. Since I Live in Lisbon, there are a lot of great places I want to explore more to the north (more hills and twisty roads), and i intend to do all of them with this Crosstourer  :152:

  • Offline bazza950   england

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    434
    • ***
      #5

    Offline bazza950

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 434
    • Bike: FZS600 1998
    • City / Town: whitchurch,shrop
    • Country: england
    Re: Greetings from Lisbon, Portugal
    Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2021, 05.54 am
    Apr 17, 2021, 05.54 am
    many years ago I did that ride from the north -down from Santiago to Porto then up the
    Duoro valley,in the almost desert area close to the border.Evenually stayed in Mirandela -lovely little hotel next to the river.Yes great riding -will be back when covid's gone

  • Offline andyrob

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    698
    • ****
      #6

    Offline andyrob

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 698
    • Bike: VFRXDCT
    • City / Town: Beith, Ex-0141
    Re: Greetings from Lisbon, Portugal
    Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2021, 09.00 am
    Apr 19, 2021, 09.00 am
    *Originally Posted by PeteVieira [+]
    Actually this weekend I'll go on a moto camping journey to Serra da Estrela, hope I get some good footage to share on my logbook in the media section.
    What I've actually wanted was to go to Jerez on May 2nd, but the tickets are sold out and I believe they won't even let people in (got some friends that have the tickets since last year...)

    Portugal is amazing to ride from north to the south, i've got a plan to do the mythical N2 road (738km) in June. Since I Live in Lisbon, there are a lot of great places I want to explore more to the north (more hills and twisty roads), and i intend to do all of them with this Crosstourer  :152:

    Hello and welcome Pete! Nice choice.

    Stayed 4 nights in Manteigas a few years ago. What a gem. And then there is the roads and views in any direction. Beautiful... and quiet. Please do post up pics / trip report. As we will be back at some point and can't beat local knowledge!

  • Offline PeteVieira

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    24
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #7

    Offline PeteVieira

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 24
    Re: Greetings from Lisbon, Portugal
    Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2021, 09.41 am
    Apr 19, 2021, 09.41 am
    *Originally Posted by andyrob [+]
    Hello and welcome Pete! Nice choice.

    Stayed 4 nights in Manteigas a few years ago. What a gem. And then there is the roads and views in any direction. Beautiful... and quiet. Please do post up pics / trip report. As we will be back at some point and can't beat local knowledge!

    Just arrived from Serra da Estrela today, went there on last friday to do some moto camping and it was an incredible experience (first time ever camping with motorcycle). I'll create a thread in the "Daily Ride Reports and Touring " section for this trip, to post the photos, videos and routes taken. Was exhaustive, so I'll probably need some rest first  :008:

     


    arab-exile