Author Topic: Halfords ??  (Read 686 times)

Offline Jfro5867

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 model
Re: Halfords ??
Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 12:02:53 PM
Now that’s interesting Wack. I’m with Bennetts and my insurance is due next month. TBH I had already resigned myself to the rigmarole of doing a comparison thing this year because I’m fed up of premiums seemingly going up and up. However a 10% discount is decent so I may stick that in my ‘back pocket’ so to speak in case I stay with them after all.

Offline wack

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ollerton
Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 02:55:43 PM
Hello jfro5867,

Bennetts always do the big increase on renewal "thing", but I just ring them and they usually remove most of the proposed price hike. They still aren't the cheapest of insurers though !

If you log on to your Bennetts account online and investigate the Bennetts Rewards stuff, there are quite a few discounts available and competitions to enter (not that I ever win any of those ! Lol)

Wack

Offline T24

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 10:56:38 AM
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
If you're NHS you can get 7.5% off with the Blue Light card.

I've attached the current Halfords discounts for the blue light card holder -
Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 10:58:39 AM by T24

Offline wack

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ollerton
Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 04:09:39 PM
Hello Folks,

Further to my original post, and the claim that Bennetts Insurance offer 10% discount on everything in-store at Halfords.

Well, I was wrong !

On Friday last, I ordered a Sat Nav from Halfords online, where it was stated that my discount could be added (or subtracted  :187:) when I collected. On collection, armed with both the valid voucher and my insurance details, I was told that the voucher code wasn't valid :156:, and after an hour or more (and a 30 mile round trip), I left without the Sat Nav.

I spoke to Bennetts yesterday, who said they'd get it sorted.

Today, Bennetts rang to say that it was all sorted and that they had emailed me a voucher with the the correct voucher code displayed on it, which indeed they had. But now, the voucher states that many of the most expensive products that Halfords sell (dashcams, sat navs, cycle tech, electric cycles and scooters etc etc), are exempt from the offer !!

The original voucher is still available on the Bennetts Rewards website, are they obliged to honour this offer ??

:232: :233: :230:

Bye for now.

Wack
Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 04:11:17 PM by wack

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Crosstourer Member
Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 09:45:30 AM
*Originally Posted by wack [+]
The original voucher is still available on the Bennetts Rewards website, are they obliged to honour this offer ??

Probably not, T&C's say:

"..........Bennetts and our partners retain the right to remove, amend or alter the rewards at any time......"

:006: