Author Topic: New Ducati Multistrada V4  (Read 897 times)

Offline Murphy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Suffolk
Re: New Ducati Multistrada V4
Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 04:44:30 PM
*Originally Posted by VfuRry [+]
I read/saw somewhere (YouTube?) that, counterintuitively, more fuel needs to be burned to achieve lower emissions.  Or something.

I smell bull, I think

PS, not you VfuRry, the info!
Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 04:45:17 PM by Murphy

Offline Murphy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Suffolk
Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 04:47:19 PM
*Originally Posted by VfuRry [+]
One of the things that stopped me buying a KTM 1290 SA, apart from the chain drive, was the very small RH pannier. This Ducati also has that problem (whereas the CT isn't so bad for that).

I'm still tempted, though, because it looks like Ducati have done what Honda couldn't be bothered to do; a V4 adv / touring bike that weighs 50kg less and has 40bhp more than the CT, and has the electronic toys.  I'll probably wait until 2022, though.

And Givi will take at least 5 minutes to bring out the relevant options. :152:

Online VfuRry

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XDH
  • City / Town: Ashbourne
Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 05:19:31 PM
Maybe Honda should “do a Ducati”, and make an Africa V4...

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 07:44:49 PM
Friend of my from Germany bought, i think was in 2012 or 2013 new multistrada 1200! After few tousend km, he had engine failure! Than he got a new bike! He said the bike was fantastic when bike was riding! Rear breks did not work, often would motorcycle instrument cluster go black out, blinker would work and not work! So after a jear he sold the bike! No more dukatis!
Maybe it is better now, maybe it was a one of Monday ore Friday bikes. I hope all this gadgets
will work on new Multistrada V4, if not it can be nightmare! Outside of that bike looks ok. 🤔

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
Reply #12 on: December 02, 2020, 04:20:21 AM
*Originally Posted by Max2007 [+]
Friend of my from Germany bought, i think was in 2012 or 2013 new multistrada 1200! After few tousend km, he had engine failure! Than he got a new bike! He said the bike was fantastic when bike was riding! Rear breks did not work, often would motorcycle instrument cluster go black out, blinker would work and not work! So after a jear he sold the bike! No more dukatis!
Maybe it is better now, maybe it was a one of Monday ore Friday bikes. I hope all this gadgets
will work on new Multistrada V4, if not it can be nightmare! Outside of that bike looks ok. 🤔

Bike looks incredible because it is incredible. Honda owners need not be afraid and try to cast doubt. Pity.

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 06:04:15 AM
*Originally Posted by DEMBONES [+]
Bike looks incredible because it is incredible. Honda owners need not be afraid and try to cast doubt. Pity.

For me bike looks ok. Maybe ride quality is exceptional, dukatis are good with it, but i found a lot of infos everywere about Dukatis unrealibility and from some people i know!
I like thinks that are so expensive to be also extra realiable, or maybe just realable!
And in average dukatis are les realable then hondas!
It does not mean that hondas are ideal as any other bike, thay can have issues to! But les than any Bmw or Dukatis....!
This new V4 dukati  has probably twice beter suspension than Crosstourer, better performance, dinamic caracteristics! But it cost more than dubble my bike! So i hope thay made good job with quality. The time will tell!
So would i like to try it, yes. And if it shows realable maybe i like to have it, i m not fanatic Honda fun!
I love my 3 x Hondas, 2 x Kawas, 1 x Yamaha!
Never one time thay did let me down on the road or in any way!!
👍

arab-exile