Author parts wanted for 2018 CT please  (Read 8670 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline bazza950   england

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    434
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline bazza950

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 434
    • Bike: FZS600 1998
    • City / Town: whitchurch,shrop
    • Country: england
    parts wanted for 2018 CT please
    on: Nov 03, 2020, 06.11 am
    Nov 03, 2020, 06.11 am
    New bike (to me) but want to add the sensible parts -new or good secondhand.
    cash waiting,can arrange collection.To improve standard 2018 white version
    rad guard-fender extender - hugger - spotlights- low rev fuelling software mod.
    unused new front tyre -maybe LED bulbs
    all parts considered to improve comfort, for long distance tourer
    wont decide on seat until I have run in my rear on it! have all the luggage. :784:

  • Offline Jfro5867

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    133
    • ***
      #1

    Offline Jfro5867

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 133
    • DCT
    • Bike: 2018 model
    Re: parts wanted for 2018 CT please
    Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2020, 06.56 am
    Nov 03, 2020, 06.56 am
    Hi bazaa. Sure you have already looked but eBay is good for parts new & used. R & G rad guard fits well. Not sure about the fuelling mod? I have no problem at all with the fuelling it's a combination of punchy engine, very light throttle and firm suspension. It's a modern curse of emissions. There's many many threads on here dealing with it and lots you can do to manage it.

  • Offline DE65Y   gb

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    260
    • ***
      #2

    Offline DE65Y

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 260
    • City / Town: Widnes
    • Country: gb
    Re: parts wanted for 2018 CT please
    Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2020, 09.13 am
    Nov 03, 2020, 09.13 am
    These are the LED's I put in mine.

    These have the control circuit integrated into the bulb, which is good when fitting into the Tourer as there is nowhere to stash a control box.

    https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/headlight-led-bulbs/products/led-headlight-conversion-bulbs-h7-integrated-colour-options-main-dipped-glb477

    AND, yes that price is for a pair!

  • Offline mzflorida   us

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    586
    • ****
      #3

    Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 586
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    • Country: us
    Re: parts wanted for 2018 CT please
    Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2020, 01.18 pm
    Nov 03, 2020, 01.18 pm
    ECU reflash...are you experiencing throttle snatch?   If so, there is a process to address that without software updates.  ECU Soft Reset and throttle play adjustment takes care of it for the most part.   

  • Offline Younger06   ie

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    247
    • ***
      #4

    Offline Younger06

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 247
    • Bike: '16 VFR1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Naas, Co.Kildare
    • Country: ie
    Re: parts wanted for 2018 CT please
    Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2020, 06.21 pm
    Nov 03, 2020, 06.21 pm
    *Originally Posted by DE65Y [+]
    These are the LED's I put in mine.

    These have the control circuit integrated into the bulb, which is good when fitting into the Tourer as there is nowhere to stash a control box.

    https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/headlight-led-bulbs/products/led-headlight-conversion-bulbs-h7-integrated-colour-options-main-dipped-glb477

    AND, yes that price is for a pair!

    Have you had any overheating/cut out issues with these ??

  • Offline DE65Y   gb

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    260
    • ***
      #5

    Offline DE65Y

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 260
    • City / Town: Widnes
    • Country: gb
    Re: parts wanted for 2018 CT please
    Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2020, 09.35 pm
    Nov 03, 2020, 09.35 pm
    None.

    Also have the same but with the external control circuit on my Blackbird.

    When I first fitted them into the Tourer I didn't think they were as good as in the BIRD but these can be easily rotated within the fixing
    and once I turned them 90 degrees they were good.
    (The main beam seems to have more side reflector so by turning 90 it aimed the LED's at the reflectors.)

  • Offline Younger06   ie

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    247
    • ***
      #6

    Offline Younger06

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 247
    • Bike: '16 VFR1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Naas, Co.Kildare
    • Country: ie
    Re: parts wanted for 2018 CT please
    Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2020, 10.07 am
    Nov 04, 2020, 10.07 am
    *Originally Posted by DE65Y [+]
    None.

    Also have the same but with the external control circuit on my Blackbird.

    When I first fitted them into the Tourer I didn't think they were as good as in the BIRD but these can be easily rotated within the fixing
    and once I turned them 90 degrees they were good.
    (The main beam seems to have more side reflector so by turning 90 it aimed the LED's at the reflectors.)

    So for the dipped.....should I have the LED chips Horizontal or Vertical ??

  • Offline DE65Y   gb

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    260
    • ***
      #7

    Offline DE65Y

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 260
    • City / Town: Widnes
    • Country: gb
    Re: parts wanted for 2018 CT please
    Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2020, 06.52 pm
    Nov 04, 2020, 06.52 pm
    *Originally Posted by Younger06 [+]
    So for the dipped.....should I have the LED chips Horizontal or Vertical ??
    I set them so the LED chips were facing the sides and felt there was a further improvement.

    Sorry, I've just re read what I put above and where I put main, maybe, it should have been dipped.

    The High beam reflector is circular so I don't think it makes a lot of difference
    Last Edit: Nov 04, 2020, 06.56 pm by DE65Y

     


    arab-exile