Author Topic: Auxiliary lights? Read this  (Read 8718 times)

Online bazza950

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Ct 2018,DCTwhite
  • City / Town: whitchurch,shrop
Re: Auxiliary lights? Read this
Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 08:19:38 PM
*Originally Posted by CT_Ron [+]
I see people still looking at the expensive Givi and sw motech auxiliary lights. Before buying, check out mine. I've used these (link below) from ebay for over 5 years now. I bought my eighth set a week ago. I used to put 'm under all my bikes and occasionally pass them to friends. They are a Chinese rip off version of the BMW GS lights, but quality made. Full black anodised metal and rubber sealed wires. They come with plug and play installation, switch and fuse but I always buy the 'real' waterproof SW-Motech switch at around €15,- and just connect the wires. I played around a little this time, connecting both to the wheel to try and get cornering lights, but meh, I now put 'm back to the crash bars.

Give seller "vlight2018" a chance on ebay if you are interested. Good English communication. (No intention to promote him, but hes reliable).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173913602901

[/quote

many thanks for a good post
Please note UK buyers that if anything comes to you from USA you may get charged import tax.A riding suit set me back an extra £100 before the Post Offuce would release it!

Online bazza950

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #26 on: November 25, 2020, 06:50:36 PM
i am all excited at fitting extra lights on my CT and have sussed that a feed off the battery,via fuse,relay and switch is the way to go without breaking into the loom-'cause I am an idiot with electrics! I have the LEDS -2 metres of Xmas tree bright white ones that cost £7 ! I want to be seen sideways on - as well as front and back so will stick to my crash -sorry light mount-bars.The Cree lights i had on my last bike -£20 the pair of fleabay -had high/low and strobe modes and worked well but this time i dont mind spending double that.Trouble is they have a fixed angle bracket so the ones recommended here (thanks Ron)  may be bought.
maybe someone can tell me why the chinese ones are £25 a pair -not £125 or more as sold by dealers! are they really 5 times as good?

Offline matt28

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2018 CT manual
  • City / Town: South East
Reply #27 on: November 26, 2020, 04:25:14 PM
*Originally Posted by bazza950 [+]
maybe someone can tell me why the chinese ones are £25 a pair -not £125 or more as sold by dealers! are they really 5 times as good?

Development is costly.
Chinese manufactures using reverse engineering to copy almost everything, basically stealing. 
From the other side Honda is charging silly prices for products branded with their logo.
Simple example - fuel filter for my CRV - manufactured by German company Mahle - with Honda logo £40, standard Mahle - £20.

Online bazza950

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #28 on: November 26, 2020, 04:59:06 PM
thanks Matt and Ct Ron man.i have ordered the same ones you sent the photos of -inc shipping for £54 via Wish.OK it might take a while to get here but i am not in a rush.I ordered a "forehead" thermometer from them in the Spring and when it arrived it was about 15% out-so i wanted a replacement.They simply gave me my money back and didn't want it back .
The NC had an issue which i thought was the side stand switch.Honda wanted £120 and yet all the chinese bikes had the same one for a tenner! is the Honda one better - ie 12 times better? Or was it just a rip off?

Online maki

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: 1200X
  • City / Town: Logatec
Reply #29 on: November 26, 2020, 07:53:38 PM
*Originally Posted by bazza950 [+]
--maybe someone can tell me why the chinese ones are £25 a pair -not £125 or more as sold by dealers! are they really 5 times as good?
this from C doesn' have papers for homologation, in our country it can cost plates....

Offline jagator

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Orange Park
Reply #30 on: December 09, 2020, 12:15:44 PM
In case someone is looking for the + wires to the low beam and high beam, I found it and will share location in case you need to tap into them.  On the left side under the forward side plastic, up high, there is a 4 wire connector with three wires coming out of the top.  The three wires are green (ground), White (low beam + hot when ignition switch is on), Blue (High beam + hot when high beam is activated).  I searched before posting this to avoid repeat posting, didn't see anything.  Hope this helps.  Bike is a 2016 VFR1200X.
Jim
CB500x, VFR1200x

Offline 2shea

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #31 on: December 23, 2020, 02:35:10 AM
Any good quality aux lights available from UK/Ireland based sellers?