Author Topic: Crosstourer Support Arms  (Read 311 times)

Offline owen

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: wellington
Crosstourer Support Arms
on: October 01, 2020, 09:28:35 PM
Here is a shot in the dark, Any one remember a bike was modded by someone with two pneumatic/Hydraulic arms with small wheels that dropped down when needed when drawing up at junction/T lights etc. It was on the tv and i think MCN. The reason i ask is i had to sell my Crosstourer early this year, Because of health and mobility problems. I ended up buying a 2012 GS1200 a bike i have never liked but it was a steal, To be fair to the bike it's well balanced and well thought out, But i do not like it, I really miss my Crosstourer but the only way round it for me and my mobility problems is to trike it, But that do's not appeal to me, Then i remembered this Modification coming out but i cannot find any details of it .Any help will be most appreciated. Cheers Owen.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Crosstourer Support Arms
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 09:53:20 PM

Offline owen

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: wellington
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 10:38:32 PM
Hartley your a star, It isn't the one i thought of, this looks better and more compact.             
   Thank you..

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Estero
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 11:35:12 AM
I do recall the device.  It mounted on the left side of the bike.  As the rider slows, the arm extends automatically just behind one of the foot pegs.   It was a urethane wheel that contacted the ground.  As the rider accelerated the device retracted.  I think I responded to the post.  I'll see if it is still there.   

arab-exile