Author Topic: Windshield  (Read 933 times)

Offline Big_John

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '16 Black Manual
  • City / Town: Black Forest
Re: Windshield
Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 04:22:34 AM
My setup is a cocoon....   Total wind smoothness.....   and I am an Iron Butt rider and know what is important....

Offline __Ray__

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Maasbracht
Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 10:46:44 AM
I totally understand you want to get rid of buffeting because that's exhausting but i always say, if you want to sit free of wind you should buy a car.
Not an Iron butt rider yet but doing a lot of miles and also now what's important. In my believe that is that riding a motorcycle is being exposed to the element and wind is one of them.

Offline Big_John

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '16 Black Manual
  • City / Town: Black Forest
Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 02:20:26 PM
*Originally Posted by __Ray__ [+]
I totally understand you want to get rid of buffeting because that's exhausting but i always say, if you want to sit free of wind you should buy a car.
Not an Iron butt rider yet but doing a lot of miles and also now what's important. In my believe that is that riding a motorcycle is being exposed to the element and wind is one of them.

I understand what you are saying and my setup gives me full adjustability to get all the wind I want.  Once you ride over 1000 miles in a day, you'll have more perspective.

Offline __Ray__

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Maasbracht
Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 04:29:32 PM
Oh i know pretty well.
Last week i did 855 mls in just over 25 hours, not a 1000 mls in 24 hours Iron Butt ride but it was not meant to.
Plan was to do that in 3 days but i was on my way to Switzerland from Italy and the Dutch government closed off Switzerland because of the increasing corona patients so i had to divert to Austria and then some other problems came along so i headed home.
Until the 6th hour of a 8 hour ride it still was a holiday trip including the scenic route past Lake Garda.

Offline TAYLORS1960

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Wheal Rose
Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 02:59:37 PM
Has anyone had any issues importing the CalSci screen to the UK? I saw some pretty negative reviews on Trustpilot. Only 2 reviews to be fair but both negative.

arab-exile