Author Bicep Tendon Surgery Question  (Read 1720 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline mzflorida   us

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    586
    • ****
    • Topic Author

    Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 586
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    • Country: us
    Bicep Tendon Surgery Question
    on: Sep 06, 2020, 02.12 pm
    Sep 06, 2020, 02.12 pm
    Tore it clean off the bone.  I had the surgery to repair it on Wednesday.   I'm told to stay off the bike for 90 days.  Anyone ever have any issues with this surgery as it relates to returning to riding?  90 days about right from your experience?  I've heard that vibration can be an issue. Anyhow, riding and working on bikes is my favorite past time eager to get back in the garage & on the road.

  • Offline Grabcon   us

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    183
    • ***
      #1

    Offline Grabcon

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 183
    • Bike: VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Castle Rock, CO
    • Country: us
    Re: Bicep Tendon Surgery Question
    Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2020, 02.41 pm
    Sep 06, 2020, 02.41 pm
    I would follow your doc's advise and not push it. I had shoulder surgery where I had amongst other things two tendons reattached. This was a 9 month recovery. I was in a sling for three months and could not ride. Make sure you follow though on your physical therapy. So back to your question. Yes I was riding at about 3 1/2 months but riding was not an issue it was moving the bike around and what to do if you fall over.

    Lifting for me was that's biggest issue.

  • Offline KLC

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    28
    • **
      #2

    Offline KLC

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 28
    Re: Bicep Tendon Surgery Question
    Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2020, 10.38 pm
    Sep 06, 2020, 10.38 pm
    tore mine off the bone playing Rugby 30 years ago , didn’t even know about it until i had shoulder surgery 10 years after, its quite common and the surgeon couldn’t find it to reattach it , My other muscles compensated for it ,

    After shoulder replacement didn’t ride for 6 months as was really painful and couldn’t lift the bike, after 12 months was back to being able to lift the bike and manoeuvre it around the garage. Would listen to your surgeons advice

  • Offline mzflorida   us

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    586
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #3

    Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 586
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    • Country: us
    Re: Bicep Tendon Surgery Question
    Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2020, 01.45 am
    Sep 07, 2020, 01.45 am
    *Originally Posted by Grabcon [+]
    I would follow your doc's advise and not push it. I had shoulder surgery where I had amongst other things two tendons reattached. This was a 9 month recovery. I was in a sling for three months and could not ride. Make sure you follow though on your physical therapy. So back to your question. Yes I was riding at about 3 1/2 months but riding was not an issue it was moving the bike around and what to do if you fall over.

    Lifting for me was that's biggest issue.

    Thanks Grabcon. I appreciate it. I'll follow through with the Doc's orders + PT.  Dropping her definitely is a concern. It is heavy when I'm 100%!

  • Offline mzflorida   us

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    586
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 586
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    • Country: us
    Re: Bicep Tendon Surgery Question
    Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2020, 02.01 am
    Sep 07, 2020, 02.01 am
    *Originally Posted by KLC [+]
    tore mine off the bone playing Rugby 30 years ago , didn’t even know about it until i had shoulder surgery 10 years after, its quite common and the surgeon couldn’t find it to reattach it , My other muscles compensated for it ,

    After shoulder replacement didn’t ride for 6 months as was really painful and couldn’t lift the bike, after 12 months was back to being able to lift the bike and manoeuvre it around the garage. Would listen to your surgeons advice


    Thanks KLC.  This is the distal bicep tendon. The one's you tore, near the shoulder, are proximal ...we don't need them.  Geez, 6 months.  I think I would go out of my mind.  I will listen to the doctor.  Really sorry you went through that.  I heard from Friends that shoulder surgery is just a bear.  Everything back to normal?

  • Offline KLC

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    28
    • **
      #5

    Offline KLC

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 28
    Re: Bicep Tendon Surgery Question
    Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2020, 11.06 am
    Sep 07, 2020, 11.06 am
    *Originally Posted by mzflorida [+]


    Thanks KLC.  This is the distal bicep tendon. The one's you tore, near the shoulder, are proximal ...we don't need them.  Geez, 6 months.  I think I would go out of my mind.  I will listen to the doctor.  Really sorry you went through that.  I heard from Friends that shoulder surgery is just a bear.  Everything back to normal?

    Hi mzflorida yes no pain anymore after  , just hear some weird clicking sounds now and again, Don't rush your recovery as i had an issue which put me back by about 8 weeks, (tripped over an obstruction) stick with your Physiotherapy and dont rush it ,

  • Offline mzflorida   us

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    586
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #6

    Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 586
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    • Country: us
    Re: Bicep Tendon Surgery Question
    Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2020, 01.00 pm
    Sep 07, 2020, 01.00 pm
    Yup. No rushing is the same thing the doc is telling me. I'm working my right arm, legs, and abs. Probably going to look a little lopsided soon!