Author Topic: Booster-plug  (Read 464 times)

Offline pops1961

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: New Hebron
Booster-plug
on: August 15, 2020, 07:00:36 AM
Has anyone installed a booster-plug on their VFR 1200X and  removed the black rubber air cones on the air box, I heard this gives it a little more HP

Offline __Ray__

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Maasbracht
Re: Booster-plug
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 10:07:09 AM
Why on earth do you want more HP?
More HP is for at the bar and for on the road it's for top speed witch is limited so you will not gain any more and you also don't want it with the geometry of this bike.
If you want a better riding bike i'll recommand a sabsteef flash.

Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 07:07:31 PM
I got one.  Not sure the booster plug but drops intake temp to richen mixture.  I got it second hand cheap haven't bothered installing it yet.  Maybe next time I have the tank off
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

Offline Jfro5867

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2018 model
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 07:54:17 AM
I bought a new Triumph T120 in 2016. That had a snatchy throttle but even more annoyingly (for me) it surged on a constant throttle at lower speeds, say 30-35mph, when riding through a town or village. So I tried a Booster plug. Took all of 5 seconds to fit, unclick one sensor on the air box and join the thing in between.

I read the bumf about it and it sort of made sense.

But did it work, err, no. The only thing I noticed was the exhaust gases smelt more 'petrolly' when ticking over. i.e. rich. Like it was on full choke. So I had visions of petrol washing bores and took it off after one run out. Flogged it on eBay at about half what I paid. Another life lesson.

Others may have had better results but for me, wouldn't bother.

arab-exile