Author Topic: Another Suspension Question??  (Read 546 times)

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Another Suspension Question??
Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 09:27:46 PM
I did hyperpro springs in front and back. I lower the bike 10mm as recommedet by Hyperpro and everything is ok in all aspekts!
Bike is steering great, and i did top speed tests on highway 230km/h (208GPS) and it was fine!
Crossi rides as train,  no issues with stability! 😀💪
Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 09:28:30 PM by Max2007

Offline Kenbeau62

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 11:14:22 AM
Hi BeToney by different it dropped into the first corner on the way to work the other night very quickly & it caught me by surprise if you know what i mean?? Havent had a chance yet to see what its doing until tomorrow as I will throw it over the Mountain Roads to get a feel of it> When I brought the bike it was lowered with a lowering kit & I didn't like it so removed it & took it back to what I thought was Stock Set Up . will give it a good run on mountains & highway to see if it feels unstable as most of my commuting to & from work is Highway Riding.
Thanks Kenbeau62

Online __Ray__

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Maasbracht
Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 12:35:59 PM
That "falling" is quit normal after a service.
It has been apart and need to set. I had the same when i changed the springs for Hyperpro when i had the forks apart to change a leaking seal.
I also changed the tyres at that time for the Michelin Anakee Adventure witch was brand new at the time and i was afraid those tyres had a bad character in slow corners bust it was just the forks that get back in using mode so to speak.
But if you say it was lowered than the forks need to be flush with the tripple tree like the screenshot from the shop manual.