Author Topic: Considering a 1200X but have concerns  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Vrsce

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Vfr 1200x
  • City / Town: Halifax
Re: Considering a 1200X but have concerns
Reply #16 on: June 25, 2020, 02:34:24 AM
This bike, VFR 1200 x, is magnificent.
It is always going to make you happy.
I have never owned a better motorcycle, and I have owned a lot. This is a keeper.

Offline Asct17

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 03:43:31 AM
*Originally Posted by Funbobby [+]
@BeToney. To be clear, I am a fan of the VFR 1200X. Why do you want to purchase an adventure bike when you do not intend to ride it off-road? Additionally, if all day riding is your plan, I suggest there are other upright sitting position non-adventure bikes that fill the all day riding role better then the Crosstourer. The K1200RT comes to mind as an example. However, if an "adventure-ish" styled bike "calls" to you, then I highly recommend the VFR 1200X. Good luck with your bike purchase decision.

Rob, 2017 VFR 12XD
Navarre, FL
IBA 606

I myself have no plan to go off-road. I like DCT, Upright riding position, 1200cc+, and Shaft drive.

Offline Moss

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 08:46:55 PM
If it helps, I have recently bought a CT DCT and the thing that had stopped me doing so over recent years was the weight.  Well all I can say is that I’m 5’10’’ and 12 stone weight and really shouldn’t have been concerned.  The weight distribution and balance is really good and whilst you do of course have to be careful, I’ve so far ridden the CT down tiny, dirty and pot holed lanes, over narrow mountain passes and am incredibly impressed.  For me the only thing missing is cruise control for those rare occasions I hit Motorways / Freeways.

Great bike

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Estero
Reply #19 on: July 04, 2020, 05:36:05 AM
Good luck on whatever you purchase.  Stating the obvious here...apologies...but you are going to lose value on any bike.   The market forces and Honda's decision to cease production have already depreciated this bike.  Theoretically, you might experience less depreciation on this bike than others that remain in production.  You're not competing against in production bikes.   It may take you longer to sell when the time comes but with less of a hit.

Depreciation aside, there is zero comparison among the other bikes you are considering and the VFR.  It is just a great machine.  Like all mass-produced bikes, it has faults; i don't think depreciation in this current market is one of them.  Look at the used market for these bikes.   There are hardly any available because this is just such a keeper bike.  Compare the VFR to even the redesigned Goldwing (which I love).  You can pick up a two-year-old bike, many under 10k miles, for 1/2 of the original purchase price.   That simply is very unlikely buying a 2017 VFR.

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #20 on: July 04, 2020, 09:11:34 AM
Hallo! Everything we buy we lose a money. You pay and you get something for that money!
If i have bike or something i enyoy and wich gives me smile on my face every day i using it is money worth! So when or if i get for that few tousends something les in a 5,6 or 10 jears so what, i m not in business with bike but like riding them!
I have Blackbird 13 jears, i payed 10000eur, invested maybe 10000 more in 13jears for Accessories and service and now i can sell her for 5000eur!
So i lost a money😂, i do not care, maybe i die tomorow so i lose money!
Crosstourer is good bike, if you like it (try somewere one for a ride), you may ride it 10 jears and tousends of happy problem free kms!
And parts? Blackbird is no in production since 2007 and you can buy any spare parts by honda dilers and  anywere else!
Good luck💪👍!

Offline BeToney

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #21 on: July 04, 2020, 03:59:05 PM
*Originally Posted by mzflorida [+]
There are hardly any available because this is just such a keeper bike.  Compare the VFR to even the redesigned Goldwing (which I love).  You can pick up a two-year-old bike, many under 10k miles, for 1/2 of the original purchase price.   That simply is very unlikely buying a 2017 VFR.
Thanks for the reply, I agree with very few being available used, I'm still shocked how many are available brand new, Cycle Trader has at least 20 listings for manual transmission and at least 8 listings with DCT.   I still need to find a dealer willing to offer a test ride, I have yet to even see one in person.

Offline Ernest_T_Bass

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: 2017 VFR1200x
  • City / Town: NE Florida
Reply #22 on: July 07, 2020, 09:00:00 PM
*Originally Posted by BeToney [+]
I still need to find a dealer willing to offer a test ride, I have yet to even see one in person.

Maybe someone could help you with that if your location was more specific than "USA."

Offline Asct17

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 03:40:20 AM
 :152: You might want to listen to that guy talk about Crosstourer DCT.

Rode it again today. What an awesome ride!
Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 03:41:21 AM by Asct17