Author Topic: Looking for pics of Black VFR with Orange Accents  (Read 4542 times)

Offline CT_Ron

• Crosstourer Member
  • Work to live, not live to work
  • Bike: VFR1200X (2014)
  • City / Town: Borne
Re: Looking for pics of Black VFR with Orange Accents
Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 07:09:21 PM
*Originally Posted by __Ray__ [+]
Thanks. The taping was almost more work than the painting.
For me it was also cheap because the boss paid for the orange and i got the matte clear coat via our paint supplier  :164:
But i have to let you down. The paint booth is mostly in use and i don't feel comfortable doing stuff like this for others. If i mess up my own stuff it's annoying but i can deal with it how i feel necessary.
But my bikes never stay standard. This is my previous bike, also my own design and axecution.

Nice. I believe you said before you worked in a garage? Don't worry about it. If I ever have a question about a paint job, I'll just ask ;). Because I seriously considered to imitate the crosstourer camo paint version. I've seen one in the dealership and it just looks sick! But ordering a new side fairing costs over 800,- per side...

These are my paint jobs done with the well known 'Action' sputter spray cans and an old hair dryer in a dusty non-ventilated shed  :125:

Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:11:59 PM by CT_Ron

Offline __Ray__

• Crosstourer Member
  • www./
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Maasbracht
Re: Looking for pics of Black VFR with Orange Accents
Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 08:59:14 PM
I build garbage trucks. Mostly welding, building and everything out of the ordinary also gets on my plate including prototypes like document shredders and double duty vehicles.