Author Topic: Coronavirus travel plans  (Read 728 times)

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
Re: Coronavirus travel plans
Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 03:58:38 PM
....just something to help people smile a little.  :164:

"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline andyrob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFRXDCT
  • City / Town: Sunny Glasgow
Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 03:13:49 PM
Well thats my ferry to Euroland on June 5th been cancelled (which I was expecting) and after a couple of emails DFDS have refunded in full (expecting a bit of argy-bargy after reading folks trials and tribulations with BF.)

Into the coffers for next year.

Maybe explore you then Slovenia and Croatia. :821: (Maps are staying up... I'll be a B-road brainiac by then :001: )

Online __Ray__

• Crosstourer Member
  • www./
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Maasbracht
Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 04:55:51 PM
I have a trip for about 7500km planned for the first 3 weeks of September.
Going trough 16 country's, mostly Balkan, it's gonna be a tough planning because news about expectations about travelling and long term plans are hard to find.
There is no planning other than the route with only a few waypoints as a must see, so even the route is not set in concrete witch can come in handy if there are still lockdowns by then.
Also had a base route ready for a trip to the north what was on the schedule for 2 or 3 years from now but i think i go work that one out as a alternative for this year if the Balkan trip will be unclear.
The Scandinavian countries are planning to open the borders in around mid of July, if it is definite in the beginning of August it is early enough to change the plans. The Baltic countries are already open between themselves so i expect an opening for the rest of Europe in the next few months. 

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 09:30:33 PM
We've decided to move our July trip to Spain and Portugal back to Mid September whilst there was still availabilty on the September ferry. Weve moved it back as late in the year that we'd be happy to go. Cant help feeling that it'll be moved again to next year.

arab-exile