Author Topic: Motobatt  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Mcgrath

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT 2012 Black
  • City / Town: Swords
Re: Motobatt
Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 07:23:43 PM
*Originally Posted by thetrecker [+]
The Unibat ULT2 Lithium battery has a 5AH rating which is half of the CT needs. It also needs a special charger so the Optimate is useless.
Its BMS system on the battery cuts out supply at low voltage (10volts) so even a bump start with a low battery would not work as the fuel injection, CPU etc would be shut down. Its BMS system also cuts out at 14.7 volts high voltage and wont reset until the regulator cools down on the bike....... One has enough problems in life to burden oneself with more problems like these. Yippee for lead acid

Tom
Yeah, theres a lot to consider there. Its a pity. hopefully they will get the technology together. The lithium batteries seem to be small with spacers to fill the space of the OEM. Would be nice if they built a lithium battery to fill the space of the OEM and provide the extra capacity.

Offline Mcgrath

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 07:26:10 PM
*Originally Posted by Younger06 [+]
Carpimoto are legit, I just bought the Givi luggage plate for under 100 euros delivered (I was quoted between 150 and 200 from various Dublin Givi stockists)
thats good to hear. Its a pity that our local suppliers can't even come close to the price of online providers.

Offline Younger06

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: '16 VFR1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Naas, Co.Kildare
Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 08:43:55 PM
*Originally Posted by Mcgrath [+]
thats good to hear. Its a pity that our local suppliers can't even come close to the price of online providers.

I wouldn't mind paying an extra 15 - 20% to keep the business local with the bricks & mortar.......but twice the price is taking the ....

I got a Givi BF20 last week, they discounted it down to €20...........readily available on the www for between €9 and €12
"Howya horsebox"

Offline oskar

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XH
  • City / Town: Oviedo
Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 08:46:00 PM
If there are no much difference of the price (10 %), I prefer local suppliers that online providers.

Offline Mcgrath

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 08:58:57 PM
*Originally Posted by oskar [+]
If there are no much difference of the price (10 %), I prefer local suppliers that online providers.
I agree, local shop always there to help out when you are stuck.

Offline Mcgrath

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #21 on: March 07, 2020, 09:00:57 PM
*Originally Posted by Younger06 [+]
I wouldn't mind paying an extra 15 - 20% to keep the business local with the bricks & mortar.......but twice the price is taking the ....

I got a Givi BF20 last week, they discounted it down to €20...........readily available on the www for between €9 and €12
Sounds like you are accessorising for a trip. I hope you are getting on well with the new bike.

Offline Mcgrath

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #22 on: May 03, 2020, 12:09:54 AM
So in the end I got a good deal on an OEM battery so I went with that.
Only driven once due to the lockdown to get to work. But started up immediately and drove well.

Got from here:
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/47576

Offline Younger06

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: '16 VFR1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Naas, Co.Kildare
Reply #23 on: May 03, 2020, 12:58:55 AM
*Originally Posted by Mcgrath [+]
Sounds like you are accessorising for a trip. I hope you are getting on well with the new bike.

Loving the CT DCT.......I'm not getting ready for a specific trip but I like the bikes to be "trip ready"

Got my Ermax Dark Touring screen delivered and fitted last week and I took delivery of the black Hepco & Becker bash plate but haven't fitted that yet.

I'm toying with the idea of breaking open the piggy bank and getting new suspension (Touratech or Wilbers)
"Howya horsebox"