Author Topic: 8 Years and still loving it  (Read 478 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hamish

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 101
  • Bike: VFR 1200X
  • City / Town: Brisbane
  • Country: Australia
8 Years and still loving it
on: January 17, 2020, 04:42:16 PM
Hi All
Bought my CT in 2012 and still loving it.
Never been back to the Shop. Do all my own servicing and still runs like a Top.
Dropped a few times due to occasional bouts of Ducks Disease.
A Friend bought one but sold it after a year in preference of a BMW GS. Why???
Rarely go to bike shop these days. They seem to have nothing that interests me.
Also have a couple of 1100 Shadows to play with.
Love me Hondas


Due to recent financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.

#1

Offline baudbish

  • Crosstourer Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
  • Bike: 2012 1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: 8 Years and still loving it
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 12:54:00 PM
Hamish,

I fully concur.  Strangely enough I was thinking about the same thing the other day.
2012 DCT with 24K miles on the clock...runs like a dream...never had any issues with her...and still makes me  :001:
I continue to look at other offerings but nothing comes close to the style, build-quality and reliability.
Continue to enjoy...I know I will.

#2

Offline Hamish

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 101
  • Bike: VFR 1200X
  • City / Town: Brisbane
  • Country: Australia
Re: 8 Years and still loving it
Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 09:18:22 PM
Sounds like True Love.....In a machinery kind of way :062:
Due to recent financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.

#3

Offline Kenbeau62

  • Crosstourer Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: AU
Re: 8 Years and still loving it
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 01:57:48 AM
Hi Hamish I too feel the same about about my 2012 VFR1200X Crosstourer absolutely love it & have also been a Honda person for some time as owned 3 Blackbirds prior to this Honda. Should try & catch up for a chat & a coffee plus a ride one day if your keen as I'm on North Side of Brissy & haven't found too many other owners of these bikes that you can  sit down & chat with. Only issue I have is not being able to get hands on a service book for this model as I also don't mind tinkering on my bikes also.

Cheers Ken.

#4

Offline Dave56

  • Crosstourer Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1627
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
  • Country: UK
Re: 8 Years and still loving it
Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 09:53:21 AM
*Originally Posted by Hamish [+]

A Friend bought one but sold it after a year in preference of a BMW GS. Why???


Hi Hamish.  :028:

You pose a very good question.... WHY OH WHY...........!  :789:
Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 10:13:00 AM by Dave56
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

#5

Offline phantom53

  • Crosstourer Member
  • **
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: 2015 CROSSTOURER
  • City / Town: SUNSHINE COAST
  • Country: AUSTRALIA
Re: 8 Years and still loving it
Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 07:42:26 AM
Hi All,
The way the weather is at the moment here on the Suny Coast i cant seem to pick a good day for riding the crosstourer lately, with the storms and rain around.  I think the best time for a ride is at the crack of dawn .
Its a lot cooler...out for 2or 3 hours before the heat sets in for the day and the storms in the afternoon.
Ive done this a number of times over the years and it gets you going for the rest of the day. :788:

#6

Offline Hamish

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 101
  • Bike: VFR 1200X
  • City / Town: Brisbane
  • Country: Australia
Re: 8 Years and still loving it
Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 10:28:32 AM
*Originally Posted by Kenbeau62 [+]
Hi Hamish I too feel the same about about my 2012 VFR1200X Crosstourer absolutely love it & have also been a Honda person for some time as owned 3 Blackbirds prior to this Honda. Should try & catch up for a chat & a coffee plus a ride one day if your keen as I'm on North Side of Brissy & haven't found too many other owners of these bikes that you can  sit down & chat with. Only issue I have is not being able to get hands on a service book for this model as I also don't mind tinkering on my bikes also.

Cheers Ken.
Hi Ken
I agree. CT owners are getting scarce these days. There were a few around earlier on but seem to have disappeared. Perhaps we should get together for a drink and a chat.
I live on the Southside so pick a place and PM me..
Cheers
Due to recent financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.

#7

Offline Hamish

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 101
  • Bike: VFR 1200X
  • City / Town: Brisbane
  • Country: Australia
Re: 8 Years and still loving it
Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 10:31:49 AM
*Originally Posted by phantom53 [+]
Hi All,
The way the weather is at the moment here on the Suny Coast i cant seem to pick a good day for riding the crosstourer lately, with the storms and rain around.  I think the best time for a ride is at the crack of dawn .
Its a lot cooler...out for 2or 3 hours before the heat sets in for the day and the storms in the afternoon.
Ive done this a number of times over the years and it gets you going for the rest of the day. :788:

So true. Been hissing down on the Southside since Friday.
Due to recent financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.

 



arab-exile