Author Topic: Engine surging while cruising  (Read 4521 times)

Offline GA VFR

• Crosstourer Pro
  • GA VFR
  • Bike: too many
  • City / Town: Alpharetta, GA
Re: Engine surging while cruising
Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 03:44:06 AM
I had the motorcycle taken this morning to the local Honda shop by Clyde with Cycle Worthy Towing via AAA.  BTW  they are the best in Georgia @ 678-857-4224 cycleworthy@yahoo.com

I went back to the dealer about 4:00pm EST to drop off the ceramic coated Delkevic full exhaust de-cat system with 10" can finally for installation.  The tech was pulling the bike off the lift as I arrived and noted the engine light was on.  When he returned from the test ride he stated he felt that the throttle was "sticky" when letting off for upshifting between gears.  Having oil and shaft lube replaced for the season.  Looking for forward to thrashing the bike around again with the BMW GS 12R in the mirrors
Follow your front wheel

Offline GA VFR

• Crosstourer Pro
  • GA VFR
Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 01:55:25 AM
Update- The dealer's ace Honda tech was on vacation so I had to wait another week. 
The throttle positioning sensor appears to be fine.  The battery needs to be replaced and they stated that the MAP sensor is the issue and needs to be replaced.  Part order and should be in this week
Follow your front wheel

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Estero
Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 01:41:52 AM
Thanks for the update and glad that it is sorted out. 

Offline Funbobby

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 12:57:33 PM
*Originally Posted by GA VFR [+]
The battery needs to be replaced and they stated that the MAP sensor is the issue and needs to be replaced.

Good news. Post the results of the MAP sensor replacement once you’re back on the road.

Rob, 2017 VFR1200XD
Navarre, FL
IBA# 606

Offline GA VFR

• Crosstourer Pro
  • GA VFR
Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 01:11:54 AM
Picked it up last Tuesday.  Rides better than brand new! Went riding Friday afternoon up to North Georgia and did not want to go home. Electrical repair covered by Honda warranty, also new oil front and back

Below from dealer repair order
CALLED HONDA TECH LINE, CHECKED TBW RELA Y, CHECKED FUEL PRESSURE BOTH WITHIN SPEC. THEY RECOMMENDED CHECKING BATTERY CHARGED BATTERY OVER NIGHT THEN TESTED WITH HONDA BATTERY TESTER BATTERY TESTED BAD . INSTALLED NEW BATTERY, STILL HAVING SAME RUNNING ISSUE
WHILE ON THE PHONE WITH HONDA CODE 2-1 MAP SENSOR NO VAC WAS STORED, CHECKED CONNECTION AND LINES TO SENSOR ALL GOOD. HONDA RECOMMEND REPLACING MAP SENSOR. INSTALLED NEW MAP SENSOR, UNIT RUNNING AS SHOULD NO NEW FAULT CODES PRESENT.

TEST RODE UNIT,UNIT RIDES  AS IT SHOULD. NO FAULT CODES PRESENT
Follow your front wheel

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Estero
Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 02:13:29 AM
Awesome!  Not common i presume. 

arab-exile