Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Michelin Anakee 3 Squaring  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Michelin Anakee 3 Squaring
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2019, 02:04:16 AM »
Funnily enough my second CT that came with Pirelli’s had no weights fitted.

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Fort Myers
Re: Michelin Anakee 3 Squaring
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 06:16:42 PM »
I took the bike out with the new tires for about 100 miles.   Just like on the other bikes I have had these tires on they are just super grippy.  Dry as a bone here, so I cannot say how they perform wet on this bike.  But on the other bikes I have them on they really perform in the wet. 

Stiff. Stiff. Stiff.  Which I like ( but I do feel that I will need to reduce the front preload because of the stiffness...which I don't like as my static sag is absolutely spot on right now from a technical perspective).  To avoid the placebo effect I rode my standard 100-mile route.  These tires grip exceptionally well on this bike in all cornering.  What is also noticeable is the translation of the profile characteristics translated into the steering.  I am able to handle corners at higher speeds with a reduced lean angle.  However one views that trait is up to the individual.  But I ride tamely so the farther away I am from the pavement in my turns, the better.  I did get it up to 100 MPH for a short 1/4 mile.  Super smooth, planted and quiet.   hope that I am describing the handling characteristics well enough. 

I've inspected the tires after the ride.  So after realizing faster corners with a perceived reduced lean angle, I think it was confirmed.  Chicken strips were not even touched.  I had a lot farther that I could have gone without sacrificing grip.  I used every bit of the Anakees at lower speeds.  There is this one decreasing radius, high speed, long left, on my route that required just a ton of attention on the Anakees, even when they were in good shape.  Easy peasy on the new tires. 

So far it feels like the right tire for a guy that never goes off-road.