Offline scribbler

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: East Yorkshire
    Scumbags
    on: Sep 24, 2019, 10.04 am
    Sep 24, 2019, 10.04 am
    One of the great qualities of British people is the willingness to help those in need especially those injured in a road traffic accident. In particular bikers, in my experience, will always stop to help another biker. Sadly scumbags are using this kindness to stage road accidents and then attack and rob the good Samaritans who stop to help.
    A few days ago a van driver stopped to help what he thought was an injured biker near Leconfield in East Yorks who appeared to be attended by a passerby only to be attacked and have his phones stolen. The driver needed hospital treatment for a wound to his arm. 
    See story in Hull Daily Mail https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/man-stops-help-injured-biker-3352410

• Offline DaveinNC   us

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    268

Offline DaveinNC

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Riding since 1968
    • Bike: 2017 VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Matthews NC
    Re: Scumbags
    Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2019, 10.52 am
    Sep 24, 2019, 10.52 am
    That happened here last year or so, Flat tire, girl alone on the highway, the guy in a big PU truck stops to help and 2 thugs rush out of the bushes to rob the good samaritan and try to jack his truck. It didn't end well for the suspects. The two thugs caught rounds between the eyes, the girl bait went to prison. The good samaritan went home to his family, safe. Now, no one stops anymore. 

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3079

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Re: Scumbags
    Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2019, 12.21 pm
    Sep 24, 2019, 12.21 pm
    Few years back i was driving into town to pick up my wife who’d been out on a works do, it was probably about 1.00am.
     As I dove down a quiet road near the town centre a young girl ran out in front of my car looking distressed, I actually  nearly ran her over.  As I came to a stop I caught sight of something in my door mirror. As I looked to my side i saw a guy starting to open my door. Thankfully my car was an auto, I hit the pedal and just missing the girl pulled away.
    I left them standing on the middle of the road looking at me.
    Worrying  as it’s usually my wife coming to pick me up.
    Last Edit: Sep 24, 2019, 12.23 pm by Hartley

arab-exile