Author Topic: Hyperpro front fork upgrade  (Read 11860 times)

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Hyperpro front fork upgrade
Reply #24 on: March 14, 2020, 03:02:46 PM
Pictures

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #25 on: March 14, 2020, 03:03:39 PM

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #26 on: March 30, 2020, 08:18:40 PM
Hallo!
Finaly upgrade is done! Yesterday i have replaced rear shock spring! This was easy to remove from the bike, but not easy to remove spring from shock and put hyperpro wich is even harder, with not so good quality 50eur  tool! Im lucky im alive😀💪!
But i did it with few scraches and it is installed on te bike!
Short review about my expirience!
Frontfork rider sag +/-50mm, forks work better and vibrations are gone! Diving by braiking is very stabil! Confort from 0-10=4,5🤔!
Rear sag +/- 50mm, feels stabil in the corners, but confort (0-10=4)is not great!
Me talking about bad, bumpy road condition! Maybe i geting older or last two month i have some pain in my back so i feel more need for confor,
On the good road everything is ok!
The bike feels like sporttourer more than adventure bike, wich in reality it is, with only 146mm fork travel!
But in this condition i can ride the corners fast, almost as on my Blackbird! It is big, heavy, fast, nice bike! I love it! 💪💪
Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:19:11 PM by Max2007

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #27 on: March 30, 2020, 08:20:02 PM
Pictures 2
Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:22:47 PM by Max2007

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 11:23:24 AM
Hallo! Just a litle update on my new hyperpro springs set up!
I m +/-100kg and i adjusted preload at 50mm in a front (2 and1/2 rings out)
 and back (9 klicks out) , wich is almost ideal!

Hyperpro set the rebound for front 1or 2 klicks out, but for me 3klicks out work best!

Hyperpro set a rebound 0.5, and +/- 0.25 out, but this was to hard! Schock could not exstand on bumpy roads with holes and waves and this was to hard on my back!
I opened rebound 1 1/2 out and got much smoother working rear shock!
i do no get hit in my back by riding over a bad road and can stil go fast corners without much instability!
So even confort got much better! 7 from 10 for me!
Whole bike got more stabil and firm and with good seting of rear it became a plesure for my back👍💪😀!
Me very hapy now with suspension of Crosstourer!!
Greetings and good luck!

Offline plukenannabel

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #29 on: April 10, 2020, 08:52:19 AM
 :028:

Offline Gatodumas

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer X
  • City / Town: Los √Āngeles
Reply #30 on: September 06, 2020, 11:14:15 PM
excellent, my congratulations on the changes achieved.
I have been able to occupy my motorcycle very little because of the covid. but the change of the springs was very noticeable in the performance of this bike, always for the better.
Regards.

Offline CT_Ron

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X (2014)
  • City / Town: Borne
Reply #31 on: September 18, 2020, 07:57:04 PM
I have a rear HyperPro spring fitted. I was planning on buying mzflorida's fairly unused OEM rear shock, rebuild it to my weight, but my local suspension technician told me he couldn't rebuild the crossies OEM shock for some reason.

The rear shock has better cornering and weight distribution with a HP spring installed (use HyperPro purple for +5 hp) but the heavy all in one swingarm remains stiff and will not become more comfortable, just has better performance. For the front, if you experience bad rebounds and stiff compression: I started a new job and got my hands on some super calibrated torque wrenches. I noticed I use too much excessive force when securing a nut/bolt. I instantly realized why my forks don't do what they are supposed to do. Front fork clamp bolts need to be torqued to only 27nm, I had them hamered down to 48~50 and one even on 57nm :789: I probably did the same with my Africa Twin, destroying the forks in the process. Last year, I snapped the crossies driveshaft drain bolt pretty much instantly. It's max torque value is just 8nm lol! I went to Norway this summer with the wife and 50kg of luggage. No wonder my fork seals blew out.

The past week has been absolute bliss for me. The front has such a comfortable up and down stroke now, with new fresh 15w oil and newly installed greased up fork seals and OEM front springs. ...and proper fork clamp/brake calliper/brakepad/steering/wheel  clamp torque values  :164:
Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 08:09:17 PM by CT_Ron