Author Topic: Hyperpro front fork upgrade  (Read 1509 times)

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Fort Myers
Re: Hyperpro front fork upgrade
Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 01:01:44 PM
Use the Hyperpro oil.  I am not trying to start a fork oil conversation but fork oils, regardless of their weight, do not necessarily perform consistently or as marked on their labels.  I have a thread on this somewhere.  I communicated with the US importer directly on this point.  He suggested that the extra weight is required to allow the combined components to perform as intended. 

Online Max2007

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #9 on: December 13, 2019, 05:09:08 PM
I have got everything from hyperpro, oil as wel! So i wait for a friend, and when done, i m going to pass my expirience!!!
Greetings

Online Max2007

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 06:36:13 PM
*Originally Posted by mzflorida [+]
Use the Hyperpro oil.  I am not trying to start a fork oil conversation but fork oils, regardless of their weight, do not necessarily perform consistently or as marked on their labels.  I have a thread on this somewhere.  I communicated with the US importer directly on this point.  He suggested that the extra weight is required to allow the combined components to perform as intended.

How did you set up suspension after hyperpro upgrade?

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #11 on: December 14, 2019, 01:24:36 AM
You know, I cannot recall the exact suspension settings.  I may have posted them here.  I've recently adjusted them after putting on Rodsmart IIIs.  But I was more concerned with static sag than the number of rings showing, then adjusted the rebound compression damping to the "softer" side. I am tinkering with it a little bit now.  Once I get it dialed in I can post.  But I am 602 240.  My settings might be different than yours.   

Online Max2007

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #12 on: December 14, 2019, 07:34:01 AM
Im about 97kg wich is about 220pounds! Im going to folow, generel rules, statik, rider sag! But just wana know, were other riders stay with hyperpro set up to gether  some infos before!!
Greetings

Offline Artios

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Honda VFR 1200 D
  • City / Town: Leiria
Reply #13 on: December 22, 2019, 11:05:21 PM
Dear Companions
I have news of the upgrade with the new hyperpro springs. As I told you according to the fantastic mechanic and friend I have it was necessary to repair the rear damper and so it was. It was dismantled, placed a valve welded for air injection to 15 bars and respective oil, there was a need to correct the fluency of the oil between the compartments of the damper for which it fulfilled its function. Because now I finally have a suspension working, it may seem like an exaggeration because we always tend to do it because it is this, because I think now yes, it was a total investment of 520 eur but it was worth it. The bike has a very healthy behavior, dampens irregularities without "shaking" I am delighted, as our friend MzFlorida said reaches higher speed with the same sense of safety. Great Hug to All, Vows of A New Year's Execelent, ps: sorry the bad english, i hope you Understand.    :305: :152: :305:
Piaggio X10, Yamaha Majesty 400, Honda Integra 700, Honda I tegra 750 S, Honda VFR  CT

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 05:37:08 PM
*Originally Posted by mzflorida [+]
You know, I cannot recall the exact suspension settings.  I may have posted them here.  I've recently adjusted them after putting on Rodsmart IIIs.  But I was more concerned with static sag than the number of rings showing, then adjusted the rebound compression damping to the "softer" side. I am tinkering with it a little bit now.  Once I get it dialed in I can post.  But I am 602 240.  My settings might be different than yours.   
*Originally Posted by Max2007 [+]
How did you set up suspension after hyperpro upgrade?

With the new tires, hyperpro oil and springs, i set the static sag to within 1MM.  Today, I adjusted it to 6 clicks.  That is 6clicks to the left from full right ( 6 clicks counter or anti clockwise toward S away from H).  I think it needs one more click toward the soft setting.   

Online Max2007

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 09:05:24 PM
Hij! Thanks for replay! Whay are you softening rebound? How does the front reacts after all this chanages!?

arab-exile