Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TIME FOR A CHANGE !  (Read 1325 times)

Offline DaveinNC

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Riding since 1968
  • Bike: 2017 VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Matthews NC
Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE !
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 10:30:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by GeofftheChef [+]
After six plus years on the CT, I've decided to go for the new VFR800x CrossRUNNER.
45kg lighter and still the same V4, although a Vtech.

I'd just like to thank all on here for some great info, good topics of conversation, and I've even made one or two friends and met up with a few members.
It's been a fab bike and a great forum, so I'm sure I'll pop back online here now and agin and see how it's going, but looking forward to getting to know the new bike and joining up with another bunch in the near future.

Thanks again to all I've met on here, safe riding and best wishes,

Geoff The Chef , Manchester !  :031:

The Crossrunner isnt available here in the US, it is a shame because there is a real need for a "Reliable" midweight upright like the Crossrunner. We have the 750X but thats not really in the same class as the Crossrunner, although it is a nice bike. My eyes are on that new Rocket III with the 2.5-liter motor. It's coming to the US and I need to go check that beast out for a possible future purchase. Good luck with the new bike, enjoy it. 
"Dave"

If You're Gonna Be Stupid, You Better Be Hard, because stupid hurts!

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 07:39:49 AM »
A lot of the weight thing is also down to the configuration and details on the bike.
The New GSA is only slightly lighter than a CT but wheeling it around it feels a lot lighter. Also on the ride it’s easier to turn in.
Another thing that I think makes the CT feel heavier than many bikes is the side stand. Hear me out.

The CT leans a very long way over on the side stand. First thing you ever do when getting on one is pull it upright. I’m not a small bloke but that initial heave to get the bike of the side stand certainly reminds you this is a heavy bugger.

35 45 kgs is a fair amount and if it suits your requirement Geoff, fill your boots mate

Offline Rex

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 03:08:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by GeofftheChef [+]
CrossTOURER is 287kg (Honda official spec), CrossRUNNER 242kg as you say.
287 kg is Crosstourer DCT. DCT version is 10 kg heavier than manual. Manual Crosstourer is 277 kg. 35 kg difference with Crossrunner (which is manual only) it is. Not 45.

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 05:10:36 PM »
That weight is correct-but in Geoff case it does not really matter. He is getting a lighter bike with another brilliant v-four engine. The 3.5% difference in weight would not be noticeable  :110: . If they did A DCT version I would get another one to but I cannot use a gear shift and need a DCT. Good luck Geoff I'm envious :013:
Bill

Offline Grabcon

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Castle Rock, CO
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2019, 02:47:03 PM »
I really wish Honda would get it's head out of it's A** and bring these bikes to the US. These mid weight bikes are needed to help us old guys manage the weight issues. My wife has a BMW F700GS. it feels like a Honda 50 compared to the CT. Don't get me wrong I really like my CT but a mid weight bike is sounding good to me.
In The Barn
2016 VFR1200X - Mine, 2016 BMW F700GS - The wife's bike, Brad

Offline ron-dog

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR 1200X
  • City / Town: Lawrenceville
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 05:59:39 PM »
Yeah,the older you get, the more the lighter bikes catch your eye! I can't say my VFR1200X doesn't feel light while riding it,because it dose,and the power is great for riding 2 up. So for the time being I'm pretty happy with the crosstourer.
Not a Fast Rider,or a Slow Rider! Just a Half Fast Rider!

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 10:03:36 PM »
UPDATE for all on here...
just had my 600 miles service (at almost 500 miles actually).
Finding the weight reduction a huge bonus.
Also lower adjustable seat helps...835H 815L. Higher setting is perfect for me.
Once I accepted the lower power I have quickly began to feel that the change was the right choice.
Very easy to ride bike (VFR800X CrossRUNNER), quick, smooth, nimble and much more easy to turn and do U-turns in smaller space. Both 17 inch wheels will no doubt help in this.
Gearbox is so much more smooth than the CT.
VTech kicks in at around 6.5k revs, and boy does that move... in 3rd or 4th gear it bloody flies.
Seat comfort is impressive, and overall riding position feels great.
New all LED WHITE lighting is impressive, with day running amber indicator front lights also.
Self cancelling indicators work well and once used to them are quite an asset if used correctly.
In a lot of ways, it feels like a very similar bike to the CT, and that is very satisfying.
So, overall summary is one happy new owner.
I don't really know of anything else I would have swapped for.
I loved the CT and looks like I'm loving the CR already.

Thanks all, safe riding,

Geoff The Chef.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:16:39 PM by GeofftheChef »

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 10:55:36 PM »
Glad youre getting on well with the Crossrunner Geoff  :028:

arab-exile