Author One Week & 900 Miles Later...  (Read 1123 times)

• Offline Clazzer

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    39
    • Topic Author

Offline Clazzer

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • Better late than never!
    • Bike: 2016 CT Manual
    • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
    One Week & 900 Miles Later...
    on: Aug 26, 2019, 06.19 am
    Aug 26, 2019, 06.19 am
    So despite working away during the week I have been out at every available opportunity on my CTand managed to cover 900 miles, picked it up a week ago in the pouring rain (that was a test of my nerves coming from a 15 year old Tiger).  I have done a mixture of motorway, town and country roads and here are a couple of things I've noticed...

The weight,  many reviewers state that the weight of the bike can be off putting.  Honestly, despite being considerably heavier than my old Tiger I find it easier to manoeuvre at slow speed and easier to handle in the garage.  Once on the move I think it's a dream, surprisingly agile considering it's a big bike.

The engine, what a unit! I was very pleasantly surprised at how this thing shifts and at how much low down grunt it has from no revs.

The riding position, seat and screen, riding position for me is perfect (6ft & 16 stone) perfect bar width and height, I find the seat a little hard and after an hour seem to need a five minute break, been looking at replacements for this, the screen is better than the MRA adjustable screen on my old bike but I do get some buffeting as the air just catches the top of my lid but I can ride with my visor up all the time which I couldn't do previously (may still look at a GIVI Airflow).

Manual gearbox, this for me is a dream as old Tigers are renowned for being lets say a little "agricultural" I have noticed that 5th to 6th can occasionally throw a false neutral and needs to be a bit more positive than other changes.

My only negative points are that there is no power outlet (surprising on this class of bike), the throttle is way too sensitive, my front brakes make a whizzing sound and I have an annoying slight tapping at 2500rpm.

The bike has only done 2500 miles but is due its 3rd year service in October so I will ask the garage to check these then.

Anyway, to wrap up...I love the CT, I think and hope it's going to be a very, very long relationship.
    Last Edit: Aug 26, 2019, 07.11 am by Clazzer

• Offline Red Boll   nl

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    184

Offline Red Boll

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Almost Weekend!!!
    • Bike: 2014 VFR1200XD
    • City / Town: (near) Rotterdam
    Re: One Week & 900 Miles Later...
    Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2019, 02.37 pm
    Aug 26, 2019, 02.37 pm
    As a relatively new Crosstourer rider I agree on the standard seat and throttle response as cons.

Anyway, have fun with your Crosstourer!

• Offline x11   england

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    148

Offline x11

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: Highlander dct
    • City / Town: Lincolnshire
    Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2019, 02.57 pm
    Aug 26, 2019, 02.57 pm
    Still have my touratech standard height seat  in parts for sale section, if either of you are interested in a bit more comfort. Only selling as I wanted a higher one

• Offline marcparnes   us

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    73

Offline marcparnes

• Crosstourer Member
    Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2019, 07.01 pm
    Aug 26, 2019, 07.01 pm
    I have a '17 and it is factory equipped with a power outlet at the front of the tank, left side. You don't have one?

Marc

• Offline Clazzer

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    39
    • Topic Author

Offline Clazzer

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • Better late than never!
    • Bike: 2016 CT Manual
    • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
    Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2019, 07.32 pm