Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Replacement Seats  (Read 1677 times)

Online Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
Replacement Seats
« on: August 20, 2019, 09:07:03 PM »
So I know this will be worse than an oil thread.   :031:

But I'll ask anyway. Seat recommendations? They all seem to run the samish pricing. I'm leaning to Mr Ed at this point. It's actually riding down time for me as we are in 100+ (40C) temps. I was thinking if his lead time is shorter than winter it may be worth doing now.

Or Corbin as they seem to be the only ones providing a seat pan?

I've had Russell Day Long, Renazco, and custom before. Maybe thats why my butt isn't liking the Honda OEM....
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

Online Longdude

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Moor to Sea in Devon.
  • Bike: VFR Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Exeter
Re: Replacement Seats
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 09:29:12 PM »
My Touratech high seat is the best I've ever ridden.. 3000 miles to Norway and home,  in 10 days, no problems. Up for sale on ebay uk as I write.Sold my VFR 😌
My name is Rob.

Offline Big_John

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '16 Black Manual
  • City / Town: Black Forest
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 03:44:22 AM »
Russell is getting my saddle, about the time the snow starts falling.

Yep, they are expensive.... but there is no equal.

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Fort Myers
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 11:03:41 AM »
This just came up on the facebook forum also.  My opinion is there is no objective answer.  What works for one may not work for another.  Seat brands that perform well for one rider on one bike may not provide the same results for another.  My Corbin is very good.  I find it to be comfortable for hours on end.  The Corbin also resulted in an ergonomics change for me that was beneficial.  My wife wants a Corbin for her CTX700.  It has much thicker foam, raises the seat height, and certainly changes the ergos.  So Corbin may or may not be the right seat for her.  It is a difficult and expensive venture.  I am 602 240 and the Corbin performs flawlessly for me.  I am very happy with the decision to purchase.  But, most owners generally seem to be happy with each unique brand of aftermarket seat.  Very rare that you see a complaint about any brand, but you can always find legitimate criticism of any brand. 

Offline Nysse

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Jönköping
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by Longdude [+]
My Touratech high seat is the best I've ever ridden.. 3000 miles to Norway and home,  in 10 days, no problems. Up for sale on ebay uk as I write.Sold my VFR 😌

Hi Rob,
I am interested of your Touratech seat. Cant´t find it om Ebay.
How much are you asking for?
Can you send to Sweden)

//Åke

Online Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 02:05:26 PM »
I'm starting to lean towards the RDL, since Marc posted about a "sport" version.  I'll spend the extra if needed but unlike a corbin on a separate pan, an RDL will be "lost" if I ever sell it.  Granted I don't turn over bikes often but I hate to take a proverbial bath.

The touring version was just too much, but sport looks "reasonable".  We shall see I'll keep looking and searching.  I set aside enough to go RDL if I feel that is the solution.  I do like the way they schedule production.
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

Online Longdude

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Moor to Sea in Devon.
  • Bike: VFR Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Exeter
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 05:03:19 PM »
My Touratech seat now sold !
My name is Rob.

Offline mick9879

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 03:33:05 PM »
Thinking about getting one of these. https://shop.touratech-uk.co.uk/comfort-seat-driride-honda-crosstourer-vfr1200x-breathable-high.html  Bit pricey though or is the opinion there worth it? Does anyone know how much height is gained?

Thanks,

Mick.

arab-exile