• Crosstourer Member  ‐    73
    • Topic Author

Offline marcparnes

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Fork Rework
    on: Aug 20, 2019, 02.03 am
    Aug 20, 2019, 02.03 am
    In my quest to improve the ride I replaced the shock with a Wilburs WESA and the cartridges with Traxxion. The shock is great but I still wasn't happy with the quality of the ride with Traxxion's cartridges and springs. It still felt too harsh to me. I finally took it over to RG3 http://www.rg3suspension.com/ to see what Rob could to with it. He did his magic and the difference is amazing. The fork is now compliant over all kinds of bumps including the hop we pick up on our freeways and really rails in the twisties. He completely changed the valving from what Traxxion had and it feels it. He can revalve the stock cartridges as well if someone is interested. I included his website above as I recommend him highly.

Marc

• Offline Plane Dr   us

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    234

Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
    • City / Town: DFW Metromess
    Re: Fork Rework
    Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2019, 02.02 pm
    Aug 20, 2019, 02.02 pm
    I saw your post on ADV as well.  It would be really interesting to know what he did.  Since Traxxion seems to be the go to here I was wondering what changes to the rates that were made.  Mine is better with the springs changed but it would be interesting to know in layman terms how it was changed.

• Offline bvogel7475

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    15

Offline bvogel7475

• Crosstourer Member
    • Sunny California
    • Bike: 2017 VFR 1200X
    • City / Town: Yorba Linda
    Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2019, 12.26 am
    Sep 25, 2019, 12.26 am
    Marc,  Thanks so much for the referral to RG3.  They are literally located about 10 miles from my house in Yorba Linda, CA and I had never heard of them.  I am happy with the rear shock but the bumps from the front forks rattle my teeth.  I am going to head over there in a few weeks to have him work on my front suspension setup.    Where do you live in OC?

• Offline marcparnes   us

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    73
    • Topic Author

Offline marcparnes

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2019, 12.31 am
    Sep 25, 2019, 12.31 am
    Rob will do a great job for you. He went to school on mine and has it down pat now.

Marc