Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member from California here  (Read 304 times)

Offline bvogel7475

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Sunny California
  • Bike: 2017 VFR 1200X
  • City / Town: Yorba Linda
New member from California here
« on: August 18, 2019, 11:34:59 PM »
Just picked up a new old stock 2017 Honda VFR 1200X as they are called here in the states.  Honda just started dumping these on dealers across the US as Honda is ceasing production of this model for the US.  I don’t know if they are continuing in other countries.  I got an incredible deal.  Base advertised price was $9,734 US for the DCT model.  I agreed to pay $1000 more for destination and dealer markup.  So, price of the bike before sales tax and registration is 10,734.  This is an insanely cheap deal as these were going to $17K before dealer markup when they came out in 2017.  It the ruby red color model.  I rode 50 miles on it today and coming from a NC700X DCT it was an easy bike to hop on and get immediately familiar with.  I love the silky smooth power.  Suspense is good and brakes are fine.  The seat is a little hard but I think it will break in a bit.  Going to add a shad top box and a SW motech skid plate.  Would like the bars to be a little closer.  I know barbacks can do this but cables look pretty tight.  So, I am going to hold off on that for now.  Very happy with my purchase and got $3K trade in for my 2015 NC700x DCT.  That’s a good trade in price here.  I’ve been reading forum posts for a while and my only question is if the shaft recall/upgrade was performed at the factory.

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Fort Myers
Re: New member from California here
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 02:10:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  It really is a very good bike.  I also had an NC700X.  I really regret getting rid of it and no room in the garage for a fourth bike...but the subdivision now allows storage sheds so maybe the new NC750.  Anyhow, safe riding and congratulations. 

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 10:14:42 AM »
 :400: and safe riding  :305: The bike should have the factory updated shaft drive and rear suspension fitted.
Bill

Online DaveinNC

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Riding since 1968
  • Bike: 2017 VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Matthews NC
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 10:38:38 AM »
Welcome, a good deal on the bike, I paid about 1500 more last August. As far as the seat, don't hold your breath. The OEM seat never gets better. I put on a leather Corbin and can do massive miles on it. Russel also makes a seat for the VFRX but you need to send them your pan. That's about all our choices in the US unless you want to get a European seat shipped over.
"Dave"

If You're Gonna Be Stupid, You Better Be Hard, because stupid hurts!

Offline marcparnes

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 02:01:08 PM »
Hi,
I'm in Huntington Beach, CA so if you need any info/help let me know. I also bought a new leftover '17 from a dealer in Missouri for $11,450 back in March so you got a really god deal. Did you find it locally or out of state?

Marc
Marc Parnes
2018 Goldwing DCT Tour in Red
2017 Honda VFR1200X DCT
A Life of Bikes
AMA Life Member

Offline bvogel7475

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Sunny California
  • Bike: 2017 VFR 1200X
  • City / Town: Yorba Linda
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 03:16:50 PM »
Hey Marc,  i bought mine in Carson, California from Socal Honda Powersports.  Dealt wit Rob, the owner there.  Great guy.

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 06:54:38 PM »
Hi there and  :400: along to the colleCTive.  :028:
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline marcparnes

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 06:56:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by bvogel7475 [+]
Hey Marc,  i bought mine in Carson, California from Socal Honda Powersports.  Dealt wit Rob, the owner there.  Great guy.
I went by there back in March as well. He had a '16 black DCT at the time but I wanted a red one and his price was too high. Nice guy, though.

Marc
Marc Parnes
2018 Goldwing DCT Tour in Red
2017 Honda VFR1200X DCT
A Life of Bikes
AMA Life Member