Author Goodbye Tiger...Hello Honda  (Read 1371 times)

• Offline Clazzer

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    40
    • Topic Author

Offline Clazzer

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • Better late than never!
    • Bike: 2016 CT Manual
    • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
    Goodbye Tiger...Hello Honda
    on: Aug 17, 2019, 11.31 pm
    Aug 17, 2019, 11.31 pm
    So today I chopped in my 15 year old Tiger for a 2016 Highlander with just 1500 miles on it! I only passed my test earlier this year and so this is only my second bike!
    I've done 140 miles on her today and love it! It's gat an Akropovic can on it without the DB killer fitted (found it stored under the seat tonight) what a piece of kit, really surprised how quick they are for their size. Despite being considerably heavier than my Tiger it doesn't feel it, but it doesn't change direction as fast.  Suspension is very firm, I'll look into this as time progresses once I've got used to it.  Throttle is border line too sensitive but again I'm sure I will grow used to it.
    Does anyone know if the bolt pattern on the 2016 screen is the same as the 2015?
    I purchased a Tom Tom 550 today and like the looks of the frames that locate under the screen to mount them on but the ones I've seen (engimoto) only list to 2015.
    Anyway, love the bike, the looks, the sound and the performance and I'll be out again tomorrow bright and early to munch some miles.

• Offline mzflorida   us

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    586

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    Re: Goodbye Tiger...Hello Honda
    Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2019, 12.29 am
    Aug 18, 2019, 12.29 am
    Congrats on the new bike!  Just curious if you considered one of the new Tigers?  Most seem to really like the VFR...each of us with our own minor (or major) nit-picks. 

• Offline Clazzer

• Topic Author

Offline Clazzer

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2019, 04.55 am
    Aug 18, 2019, 04.55 am
    Yeah, I was considering the 800XC but felt it was a little too small, the Explorer is a well equipped option as well but very top heavy and I really like the 1050 sport.

I liked the CT more though and it was the first bike that I really wanted to own.  There's just so much choice!

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • After breathing everything else is a bonus
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2019, 08.00 am
    Aug 18, 2019, 08.00 am
     :400: and safe riding Clazzer  :305: I do like their Triple engines but you have now got the best IMO.

• Offline Stevensweert   nl

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    642

Offline Stevensweert

• Crosstourer Master
    • Mensch √§rgere dich nicht, wundere dich nur !
    • Bike: VFR1200 X CT DCT
    • City / Town: Stevensweert
    Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2019, 09.01 am
    Aug 18, 2019, 09.01 am
     :400: from The Netherlands Clazzer

• Offline x11   england

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    148

Offline x11

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: Highlander dct
    • City / Town: Lincolnshire
    Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2019, 09.05 am
    Aug 18, 2019, 09.05 am
    *Originally Posted by Clazzer [+]
    So today I chopped in my 15 year old Tiger for a 2016 Highlander with just 1500 miles on it! I only passed my test earlier this year and so this is only my second bike!
    I've done 140 miles on her today and love it! It's gat an Akropovic can on it without the DB killer fitted (found it stored under the seat tonight) what a piece of kit, really surprised how quick they are for their size. Despite being considerably heavier than my Tiger it doesn't feel it, but it doesn't change direction as fast.  Suspension is very firm, I'll look into this as time progresses once I've got used to it.  Throttle is border line too sensitive but again I'm sure I will grow used to it.
    Does anyone know if the bolt pattern on the 2016 screen is the same as the 2015?
    I purchased a Tom Tom 550 today and like the looks of the frames that locate under the screen to mount them on but the ones I've seen (engimoto) only list to 2015.

I have 2014 and son has 2016 models and we both have these satnav mounts, they are excellent .Engimoto make brackets  for your 2016 model (with adjustable windshield) as well as the older model. It has totally different fixing points, but still puts satnav in the same position. Just for interest the bolt holes on the fixed screen models are wider apart than on the later adjustable screens

• Offline Clazzer

• Topic Author

Offline Clazzer

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2019, 09.45 am
    Aug 18, 2019, 09.45 am
    Cheers x11, yeah I thought I read on here that 2016 was the first of the adjustable screens but mine isn't, it's definitely fixed. There is an adjustment pattern on the bracket but you need to take it off to do so.
    I'll enquire about one for a fixed screen bolt pattern then as it sounds like the 2015 version should fit mine.

• Offline scribbler

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    38

Offline scribbler

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: East Yorkshire
    Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2019, 12.45 pm
    Aug 22, 2019, 12.45 pm
    Welcome to the club Clazzer. I had a 1050 Tiger Sport for five years and while it was a decent enough bike it just lacked a certain je ne sais quois as they say up here in East Yorkshire.
     Crosstourer ticked that box. Awesome bike, great quality and lots of smooth power. Mine has a Bodis exhaust which really enhances the aural experience and scares the sh#t out of jaywalkers!
     Just be careful when parking...its a very easy bike to drop!

Have fun!