Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2013 manual for sale  (Read 421 times)

Offline Slidy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer, S10
2013 manual for sale
« on: July 28, 2019, 01:59:47 PM »
I have finally decided to sell the CT. My partner no longer does long tours, but still likes the odd day out. So I have just bought a small wheelchair van, with a ramp and lowered floor, with a view to turning it into a camper, with room to put a bike in. Unfortunately, the CT is 12" too long for the space I have, and I'm not sure I would like loading such a heavy beast in and out at each campsite anyway. So time to downsize.

It is a 2013 Manual Highlander spec model. I have the original purchase receipt from the first owner stating 'SE kit fitted'. The 'SE' tag in 2013 later became 'Highlander'.

http://allroadendurotouring.com/allroad-touring-enduros/big-allroad-touring-enduros/honda-vfr1200x-crosstourer-highlander-2013/

It comes with the following:

Honda - Engine bars, Centre stand, Heated grips, traction control, panniers - with inner lining bags

Givi - Touring screen, Fog lights, Tool bag (under top box plate), adapter ring for 'Tank Lock' range of bags, Topbox adapter plate***Topbox and tank bag pictured are not included in sale***

Pyramid hugger, Beowulf 'V4' radiator guard, 50mm foot peg adapter - these give different settings depending on taste, leg length, riding position etc. I have them at 45 degree down and back (see photos) which is much better than the standard pegs for me. (originals included) Switched and fused auxiliary socket with 2 USB ports under the seat, but on a long lead, so you can get it closer to a tent to blow up mattress etc. I have also run it up into my tankbag on longer trips to keep things charged up.

It has Honda service history, I also changed the oil & filter before a long trip in May. Shaft recall done in August 2016. I am the second owner, and have all the paperwork from new.

It was MOT'd on 15 July 2019 with no advisories.

It has the usual marks you would expect for a 6 year old bike, but no dents or noticeable scratches, and polishes up a treat.

Road 5 trails fitted with 2,000 miles on rear, and 150 miles on front (fitted day before MOT)

At present it has only 15,000 miles on the clock, but this could go up a bit as it's still in use.

£6,250 ovno. Collect from Cleobury Mortimer, Shropshire.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 02:07:34 PM by Slidy »

Offline Slidy

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: 2013 manual for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 07:56:24 AM »
This will be going on ebay next week. Last chance on here if anybody is interested in a low milage, good spec bike at the lowered price of . . . . . £5,750

The Givi Trekker Outback 58l top box will now be included.

Also comes with a genuine Honda Front Brake Pad set costing £70.44, ordered by mistake when I actually wanted the Rear set (which I later ordered and fitted) And, a replacement bulb set which is required for travel in France.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:23:41 AM by Slidy »

Offline richo59

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: highlander 2016
  • City / Town: KILBURN BELPER D
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 08:49:00 AM »
Hi Slidy
You wouldnt have a workshop manual for sale would you.
Good luck with bike sale
Richo

Offline Slidy

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 07:28:29 AM »
Sorry Richo, all CT related bits went with the sale.

One less CT in the UK, as last night it moved to Poland.

The plan to put a smaller (much lighter) bike in my home made camper and do day trips from far flung campsites is on course. Removable bench/shelf seats made for either side of the lowered floor, ply tops and surrounds will be cut, hinged and fitted next, double passenger seat replaced with a single leaving a nice space to put bike front wheel between seats, now just need a bike so that I can build the rest around it's dimensions.

So today, I pick up a NC750XA.
I'll miss the power, (not the weight) of the V4, but the long slogs to Scotland, Ferry ports etc. will now be done on 4 wheels, and the scenic touring, at a slower pace on 2.
The lockable storage box (false fuel tank) for me, and top box for pillion will be more than enough for day trips - or for me if I fancy a weekend away with some mates - so no heavy/bulky luggage needed, and at 80mpg it's a cheap way of doing things.

Going to be so much easier getting it in and out of the garage too  :001:

Oh, and I got over £3,000 change form swapping a 2013 CT for a 2015 NC too . . . always good to get a deal  :152:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 07:34:35 AM by Slidy »

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Fort Myers
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 12:12:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Slidy [+]
Sorry Richo, all CT related bits went with the sale.

One less CT in the UK, as last night it moved to Poland.

The plan to put a smaller (much lighter) bike in my home made camper and do day trips from far flung campsites is on course. Removable bench/shelf seats made for either side of the lowered floor, ply tops and surrounds will be cut, hinged and fitted next, double passenger seat replaced with a single leaving a nice space to put bike front wheel between seats, now just need a bike so that I can build the rest around it's dimensions.

So today, I pick up a NC750XA.
I'll miss the power, (not the weight) of the V4, but the long slogs to Scotland, Ferry ports etc. will now be done on 4 wheels, and the scenic touring, at a slower pace on 2.
The lockable storage box (false fuel tank) for me, and top box for pillion will be more than enough for day trips - or for me if I fancy a weekend away with some mates - so no heavy/bulky luggage needed, and at 80mpg it's a cheap way of doing things.

Going to be so much easier getting it in and out of the garage too  :001:

Oh, and I got over £3,000 change form swapping a 2013 CT for a 2015 NC too . . . always good to get a deal  :152:

I had the NC700XD.  I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.  I have few regrets, but one of them is selling that bike.  In any case, very happy that things are going your way! 

arab-exile