Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sensitive throttle issue.  (Read 1462 times)

Offline hoppicker

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: BMW K1 R80GS
  • City / Town: STAPLEHURST
Re: Sensitive throttle issue.
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 11:54:22 AM »
Can someone advise me of what is meant by "Sensitive Throttle". Is it.
        1. When the throttle is opened the engine revs rise suddenly above what you were expecting. I would expect a throttle tamer would help with this.,
     or 2. When a drive mode is engaged and the throttle is opened the clutch engagement is sudden causing the bike to jerk forward in a way that would not happen if the rider was using a manual clutch over which he has control.
       My problem was 2, which, after I had carried out the Clutch Initialisation procedure has improved massively. Now I have more control at low speed as the clutch slips more before engaging fully.
VF1200X  XRV750 AFRICA TWIN
BMW K1 HONDA SH125i
BMW R80GS BMW R75/6

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Re: Sensitive throttle issue.
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 04:30:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Showkey [+]

I also agree.....not disbelieving...........but the explanation of what exactly was done is incomplete.  So the whatever was done is the key and current question on the table.   Not questioning your fix........but ...........going to the dealer and asking for them to complete a PDI on two year old bike is not likely to be received well.

you don't have to do that just explain what i've had done and if necessary give them ny dealers contact number so they can confirm what the procedure is

arab-exile