Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sensitive throttle issue.  (Read 1460 times)

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Re: Sensitive throttle issue.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 01:40:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Nysse [+]
What is "incorrect PDI" and how do they reset it?

It's the pre delivery inspection.

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 01:43:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by Slidy [+]
Interesting. It seems to me that the majority of owners on here have the same problem. Along with the weight, and poor suspension, it is one of the biggest gripes that comes up in these Forums.

Could you say which dealer told you this and fixed the problem? I'd love to be able to sort the same out on mine as easily, though after 3 years, I'm so used to it that having smooth power delivery at slow speeds would feel strange!  :001:

The dealer is Thunder Road at Bridgend South Wales 01633 661131

Offline Fredz

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 01:47:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Showkey [+]
Until someone publishes  the PDI documents and confirms the exact procedure that actually fixes or changes the throttle sensitivity.............we all should be suspect that this process even exists or works.

If this an important step in the setup ........it would be in the shop manual.
Example the shop manual has no idle learn or throttle learn or setup process.

There is DCT clutch initialization learning .......that process has been published and discussed at length in other posts.  It’s also not related to the throttle.

Such information is often published in a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) issued by the manufacturer to dealers after the manual is published, as issues and solutions are identified.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 01:54:07 AM by Fredz »

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 01:52:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by Showkey [+]
Until someone publishes  the PDI documents and confirms the exact procedure that actually fixes or changes the throttle sensitivity.............we all should be suspect that this process even exists or works.

If this an important step in the setup ........it would be in the shop manual.
Example the shop manual has no idle learn or throttle learn or setup process.

There is DCT clutch initialization learning .......that process has been published and discussed at length in other posts.  It’s also not related to the throttle.

All I can say is that whatever they did it has cured the throttle issue. I would see no reason to disbelieve their explanation of what they have done. Regardless of learning it's solved the problem maybe you should get your dealer to contact them to find out how they do this.

Offline Showkey

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 01:53:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fredz [+]

Such information is often published in a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) issued by the manufacturer to dealers after the manual is published, as issues and solutions are identified.

I agree, if a TSB exists they usually show up on forums and other places.
PDI documents are released before the bikes are sold.   So, if this info is present and relevant it would be great to see.

Offline Showkey

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 01:59:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by bampy [+]
All I can say is that whatever they did it has cured the throttle issue. I would see no reason to disbelieve their explanation of what they have done. Regardless of learning it's solved the problem maybe you should get your dealer to contact them to find out how they do this.

I also agree.....not disbelieving...........but the explanation of what exactly was done is incomplete.  So the whatever was done is the key and current question on the table.   Not questioning your fix........but ...........going to the dealer and asking for them to complete a PDI on two year old bike is not likely to be received well.   

Online smalle10

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Soon Crosstourer
  • City / Town: NYBORG
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 10:50:48 PM »
BAMBY = caused by an incorrect PDI four years earlier

Then it must be a 2015 model that is the SC 70 - EURO3 and I think must problems with the throttle is on the EURO4 bikes called SC76.

Per

Offline Slidy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer, S10
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 06:33:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by smalle10 [+]
BAMBY = caused by an incorrect PDI four years earlier

Then it must be a 2015 model that is the SC 70 - EURO3 and I think must problems with the throttle is on the EURO4 bikes called SC76.

Per

My 2013 has the same very sensitive throttle, and from what I have read in these forums over the last 3 years, so do most models.

arab-exile