Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sensitive throttle issue.  (Read 1464 times)

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Sensitive throttle issue.
« on: July 04, 2019, 08:33:36 PM »
Anyone else experienced problems with the throttle at low speed. I'm having issues with very low speed maneuvering the throttle is either off or it's making the bike surge. Going back to the dealer on Monday

Offline marcparnes

• Crosstourer Member
Re: Sensitive throttle issue.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 08:38:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by bampy [+]
Anyone else experienced problems with the throttle at low speed. I'm having issues with very low speed maneuvering the throttle is either off or it's making the bike surge. Going back to the dealer on Monday
Well documented issue. Do a search here and you'll find some relevant posts that might help.

Marc
Marc Parnes
2018 Goldwing DCT Tour in Red
2017 Honda VFR1200X DCT
A Life of Bikes
AMA Life Member

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 10:37:24 PM »
Eventually took it back to the dealers and informed me that the fault was caused by an incorrect PDI four years earlier. They reset the system to factory standard started the engine waited until the cooling fans kicked in turned it off and hey bingo problem solved. My question to them was shouldn't they have done a PDI check before they sold it to me. 

Offline Nysse

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Jönköping
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 07:31:03 AM »
What is "incorrect PDI" and how do they reset it?

Offline McVicar

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2013 Highlander
  • City / Town: Berrow, Somerset
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 08:13:40 AM »
PDI is a pre delivery inspection. Done by dealers before you collect the bike to ensure everything is operating correctly and safely.

Offline Slidy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer, S10
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 11:16:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by bampy [+]
Eventually took it back to the dealers and informed me that the fault was caused by an incorrect PDI four years earlier. They reset the system to factory standard started the engine waited until the cooling fans kicked in turned it off and hey bingo problem solved.

Interesting. It seems to me that the majority of owners on here have the same problem. Along with the weight, and poor suspension, it is one of the biggest gripes that comes up in these Forums.

Could you say which dealer told you this and fixed the problem? I'd love to be able to sort the same out on mine as easily, though after 3 years, I'm so used to it that having smooth power delivery at slow speeds would feel strange!  :001:

Offline granada28

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: ct highlander
  • City / Town: hapton
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 09:05:58 PM »
which dealer did you take the bike to....

Offline Showkey

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 12:13:35 AM »
Until someone publishes  the PDI documents and confirms the exact procedure that actually fixes or changes the throttle sensitivity.............we all should be suspect that this process even exists or works.

If this an important step in the setup ........it would be in the shop manual.
Example the shop manual has no idle learn or throttle learn or setup process.

There is DCT clutch initialization learning .......that process has been published and discussed at length in other posts.  It’s also not related to the throttle.