Author Topic: I'm also done  (Read 3387 times)

• Offline VFRCTHRider

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    36
    • Topic Author

Offline VFRCTHRider

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    I'm also done
    on: Jun 28, 2019, 09.45 pm
    Jun 28, 2019, 09.45 pm
    After nearly 3 years the CT has gone back to Honda. A stunning machine in many respects but I struggled to accept and live with the transmission play that made travelling in slow traffic and town work a pain. Don't regret getting it but I think its time to move on. I'd rather put the PCP balance into something else.

As a result I have a few bits that are now surplus to requirement and I will put them in the "for sale" page.

Safe riding all.

• Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    574

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    Re: I'm also done
    Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2019, 12.07 pm
    Jun 29, 2019, 12.07 pm
    Good to be in a place of confident decision making.  What are you planning on moving on to? 

• Offline Dave56   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1794

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1100 DCT
    • City / Town: Grantham
    Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2019, 07.30 pm
    Jun 29, 2019, 07.30 pm
     :431: to here your departing these shores  :003: but pleased to hear you’ve enjoyed the experience VFRCTHRider, and keen to hear which new mount you’ve decided upon.  :028:
    "The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

• Offline VFRCTHRider

• Topic Author

Offline VFRCTHRider

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2019, 10.50 pm
    Jun 30, 2019, 10.50 pm
    K1600GT SE - but don't tell the Mrs as it is a bit of a surprise. I've convinced her that the CT has gone back to Honda to fix the transmission play and that they will be loaning me a bike until it's been fixed. Of course it won't be a loan bike.

As far as she is concerned I will have to pick up the "loan bike" from Nottingham and I hope to convince her to come with me to collect. If she is at work then I'll park it in the garage until she goes in there or we decide to go for a ride. Either way she won't have a clue. That's the plan anyway. Its a bit of a retirement present for both of us. It could back fire however, and she could go a bit thermo-nuclear about not including her in the decision. I'll go now as I need to build a fallout shelter, just in case.

• Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    574

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2019, 10.59 pm
    Jun 30, 2019, 10.59 pm
    I think they sell marriage fallout shelters on Amazon with same day delivery. 

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2019, 06.56 am
    Jul 01, 2019, 06.56 am
    Good luck with your new bike and any problems with your 'trouble and strife'   :151: recite 'Life to short version 2' that should do it  :152:
    Bill

• Offline VFRCTHRider

• Topic Author

Offline VFRCTHRider

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2019, 06.09 pm
    Jul 01, 2019, 06.09 pm
    Went to the BMW dealer today to sort out the paperwork and they've already fitted the matching top box/brake light, engine bars and new tyres as ordered. Looks brilliant (in my eyes anyway but lets see what wifey has to say on Friday when I should be collecting it).

• Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    411

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: DCT Highlander
    • City / Town: Cardiff
    Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2019, 10.16 pm
    Jul 01, 2019, 10.16 pm
    *Originally Posted by VFRCTHRider [+]
    K1600GT SE - but don't tell the Mrs as it is a bit of a surprise. I've convinced her that the CT has gone back to Honda to fix the transmission play and that they will be loaning me a bike until it's been fixed. Of course it won't be a loan bike.

As far as she is concerned I will have to pick up the "loan bike" from Nottingham and I hope to convince her to come with me to collect. If she is at work then I'll park it in the garage until she goes in there or we decide to go for a ride. Either way she won't have a clue. That's the plan anyway. Its a bit of a retirement present for both of us. It could back fire however, and she could go a bit thermo-nuclear about not including her in the decision. I'll go now as I need to build a fallout shelter, just in case.

Good luck the he new bike but unless you are in warranty the bike will let you down and cost you money. Japanese bikes just don't
    Last Edit: Jul 01, 2019, 10.24 pm by bampy