Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Merlin Bike Gear  (Read 104 times)

Offline wack

• Crosstourer Pro
  • It's not a hobby, it's in yer blood !
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ollerton
Merlin Bike Gear
« on: May 15, 2019, 12:56:32 PM »
Hello Folks,

Just thought I’d bring this to your attention as it’s sometimes useful to get a feel for how certain companies deal with complaints.

I bought some “Merlin” summer gloves from the recent Walker-Singleton asset disposal auction of the Nicholas Noble bike gear shop in Bradford. Got them for a reasonable price (£25 for a pair of £70 gloves) so it wasn’t an issue that I wasn’t familiar with the “Merlin” brand.

I wore them for the first time today, and when I removed them after my 1½ mile ride to work, I noticed that the wrist strap on the right glove had a split in it.

I have since contacted Merlin to bring my dilemma to their attention, with this response;

“Unfortunately, as thee weren't actually bought from Nicholas Noble it was from the auction after they went into administration they were not bought from a Merlin verified dealer. This actually voids the warranty from our side but im not sure what the terms of sale were on the auction site, my suggestion would be to go directly to them and see if they can refund you for the faulty product.”    :151:  :010:  :150:

:004:

Yes, I know, a somewhat expected response, and my own fault I guess, but I won’t be investing in any more Merlin bike gear !!   :110:

Wack

arab-exile